No announcement yet.

Check out maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me try and say something about the maps for a change...

They look very nice, but also very random (most of them anyway). So what do your maps have that a "normal" random generated map doesn't have?
    Did you look at all of them, although one or two of them may be similar to random (although not really because I don't create those long streched out landmasses like the game itself does.

Also some of the maps could definitely not be confused with random ones, as many of the starting locations are equal for certain players (for Multiplayer games).

- Narz

P.S. : Thanks for actually following the spirit of the thread
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

Comment

Yes... I didn't quite look at them closely enough. Only 2 (or 3) look very random, and that's not exactly "most".

I like the CompleteMap, except that you start on an island, and I'm not much of a fan of the navy in civ. And in general, your maps have a little too much ocean for my taste (except the NYC and BigWarWorld maps)...

Let me see, here are 3 silly maps I made. Perhaps I should upload them to my site too, but Im too lazy.

xs_triangle.mp - My attempt at making a triangular landmass (one with 3 equal sides, whatever that's called in English) of 160 squares (the minimum that pleases the Map Editor's "Analyze map" feature), and 100 grassland/plains squares (also the minimum). Nice if you're really in a hurry. A nice bonus... There are 7 starting positions, one for each civ color (yep, the starting points for each triple of civs is on the same square ).
      random.mp - I made this map using some pattern in Corel PhotoPaint which was supposed to mimic a satellite image or somesuch. I added the terrains myself... I'm not sure if I it is actually finished though (I don't make maps too regularly anymore ).
      2worlds.mp - Meant to be played on as the Romans.
      Attached Files
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
      X