Hows this for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hows this for you

Hi everyone. I'm doing a test of a scenario about the fall of the Roman empire. This scenario focuses on the financial difficulties the empire faced in the third century A.D after the emperor Marcus Aurulius and the barbarian hordes from the German highlands. It will also focus on civil wars and the Parthian/Sassadian empire in the east.

Game from 180 AD - 500 AD

Idea of scenario.

- Try to survival by advancing your technology to get stronger units to fight and defend the empire as well as improve its economy.

- Build up your small cities. Defend the rich cities.

- Manage the economy.

- Defeat your ememy generals.

- Find new resources to exploit. - Founding new cities
    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Re: Hows this for you

Originally posted by Civfan
    I'm doing a test of a scenario about the fall of the Roman empire.
    I don't understand; does this mean you're seeing whether people would like such a scenario before starting work on it?

My own Roman scen (which has been 95% complete for about 3 months now ) has a similar topic. If some competition emerges, I may actually get motivated and finish mine
    Last edited by winterfritz; July 15, 2002, 03:26.

Comment

Sounds great, Civfan! Finish it. (You too, winterfritz)
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Great scope for a scen!

Civfan and Winterfritz: please finish your scen, I'm already eager to play them!!
        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Re: Re: Hows this for you

[QUOTE] Originally posted by winterfritz

I don't understand; does this mean you're seeing whether people would like such a scenario before starting work on it?

Hello, actually I was playing around with the idea of how to depict an economic decline in this game. So from this idea I guess I'll do a scenario. Yes I wanted to know if anyone is interested in this idea too. If not I'll just keep testing for future games.

95 % finished sounds good. Complete it my friend. I'm at 1%. Map, idea of implitication is done. No units or tech tree or cities yet. Give some time.

Civfan...
          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

Fritz, hurry up and do that remaining 5%
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

nnnnggguuuh.... must... try and finish... scen.... UNGGGGHURHRHRH....

*collapses into spams*

Comment

... Make that 98% finished, now

2 questions for the professionals out there: What are some more ways to make two civs hate each other? The AI Germanic tribes have a disturbing tendency to sign cease fires with the Romans right after an event makes them declare war on them.

And, is there any way to change the pictures that appear with the 'city in disorder' and 'we love the King day' messages?

Comment

And one more question: If you have two different units with the same name (to be used by different civs) and you have events which call for the creation of a unit by this name, which unit will be created in-game? Will any units be created at all, or will this cause the game to crash?

Comment

Originally posted by winterfritz
                    ... Make that 98% finished, now

2 questions for the professionals out there: What are some more ways to make two civs hate each other? The AI Germanic tribes have a disturbing tendency to sign cease fires with the Romans right after an event makes them declare war on them.
                    Use a Negotiation event to prevent them communicating, then a Make Agression event to put them at war.

And, is there any way to change the pictures that appear with the 'city in disorder' and 'we love the King day' messages?
                    Yes, use Rune Berg's GifX program to change the gifs in the 'Tiles .dll' file. This file has to stay in the main Civ directory.

If you have two different units with the same name (to be used by different civs) and you have events which call for the creation of a unit by this name, which unit will be created in-game? Will any units be created at all, or will this cause the game to crash?
                    I haven't tried this. Perhaps you'll need to experiment a bit. I'd like to know the results.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                      Yes, use Rune Berg's GifX program to change the gifs in the 'Tiles .dll' file. This file has to stay in the main Civ directory.
                      Where can I get this program?

I haven't tried this. Perhaps you'll need to experiment a bit. I'd like to know the results.
                      According to Henrik the unit that comes first in the rules file order is the one that is created. I haven't checked this myself though.

Comment

At the Cradle: http://coc.apolyton.net/

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Why not give the units an abbreviated name for each civ? Such as R Legion for Roman Legions or G Legion for German Legions and so on. This would prevent any bugs from occuring when using events to create units.

And IIRC, bugs DO occur when you have multiple units using the same name.

Comment

I don't like using abbreviations because when in game, the owner of a unit is displayed above that unit's name. 'Roman R Legion' and 'German G Legion' is a bit redundant - and messy.

At the moment I'm using plurals to differentiate the units - eg one civ has 'Archers', another has 'Archer' units. This flies in the face of my pedantic neatness tendencies however and I wanted to know what the effects would be if a called them both the same thing.

Tech: thanks for the site

Comment

What about "Archers" and " Archers"?

EDIT:
                              Or for that matter "Archers" and "Archers "!
                              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Working...
                              X