Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle for the Banana Republic Scenario is finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle for the Banana Republic Scenario is finished!

The object of this scenario is to raise enough cash by 'attaking' bananas to buy the Banana Warehouse before your opponent does. This will give you the Banana Boat unit which you must then use to locate and destroy the Gorrila unit. Pretty stupid, huh?

Banana Republic isn't going to be available anywhere but in this thread. I'm not putting it on my site.

If any one wants to put it for download on their Website, feel free. Let me know what you think of it - this piece of crap is the reason why my Lost Island scenario isn't done yet!

Click HERE for download
    Last edited by Jacobite1688; June 8, 2002, 17:08.

good lord

Comment

NOW look what you've started, Darth

Comment

He TOTALLY beat you to it!! Hahahahaha!!
        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

edit: the page loads now
          Last edited by Case; June 8, 2002, 20:05.
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Damn the Bananas *gets out blender*
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Hmmm, I defeated the damn ape and the game just kept going with no other civs....

I'VE BEEN CHEATED OF MY BANANA!!! :doitnow:

Comment

now that is a scenario!

Comment

This is actually not that bad a scenario
                  Sure, it's simple and dumb, but it's actually a lot of fun
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                    This is actually not that bad a scenario
                    Sure, it's simple and dumb, but it's actually a lot of fun
                    We should all look to the banana

Comment

The scenario quits on me after a few turns, and most terrain graphics aren't working (they are transperant which causes the game to display random colours in those tiles, only rescourses should be allowed to be transpartent).
                      Other than that the little time I could play the scenario was fun
                      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Hmmm, I have no idea why the terrain does as it does, all grassland looks really strange (transparent), but there is proper grassland in the terrains1.gif, I was able to fix one problem with the terrains2.gif atleast, everythign bellow the mountains is one pixel to high...
                        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Hmmm, Henrik, I must confess that I am interested in why it does not work on your computer. It was designed for FW. That said, I can honestly say I have invested all the time on this...er...project...that I am going to.

I'm glad some people enjoyed it, though.

Comment

It is fun, except the AI always beats me to the bananas first. Could it be because I have MGE?
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

The more agressive AI could be the reason. While playtesting it I seemed to win about half the time. I can win pretty consistantly now. The replay value is pretty low because there are no .alt files and the bananas are always in the same place.

Comment

Working...
                              X