No announcement yet.

The Next Big Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted for Winter War, Afrika Campaign, and Spanish Civil War. These are nice historically-intensive themes to go with, all have great potential. I also chose these because I (barely)started work awhile ago on a Bulge scenario, and I have always wanted to do a Kursk one.

Kursk and Bulge are both interesting as they would only cover a few days worth of intense fighting.

Ecthelion, the Battle of the Bulge is the name given to the last major German Offensive in the West. In German it was called: Wach Am Rhine. It took place 'round Christmas of '44 in the Ardennes. It has some interesting attributes to the thing. Small mountain/forest roads with TigerII's rumbling through. Massacres of captured Allied troops. Races to capture bridges and fuel dumps. Germans low on fuel and needed to procure some to continue. Germans eventual goal was Antwerpen, but they never cvame remotely close. It was over after a week, once the skies cleared and the Allies were able to resume their air attacks. If you want Darth, we can talk more about this. Are you making this next scen in ToT? Throw me a PM if you care to.

-FMK.

Comment

Our Reich shall stand for the Year of the Banana! Our Bananzers shall roll over our enemies! Heil Banhrer! Heil Banhrer! Heil Banhrer!
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

NO ToT, please. I see the bananas have it again!

Comment

I voted for all the scenarios from the Bulge through Kursk on the list. An Afrika Korps would be neat, and also I have two units for it. (Not that I'm working on anything...)
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
            Our Reich shall stand for the Year of the Banana! Our Bananzers shall roll over our enemies! Heil Banhrer! Heil Banhrer! Heil Banhrer!
            I see the bananas have it again!
            These bananas must be stopped... our way of life is being threatened
            Last edited by winterfritz; June 8, 2002, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometeus
              Then specify...

Domodossola partisan republic, 1943-1944.
              Don't tell him that!

I already started work on this.

Comment

Evvvaaaaaaiiiii!!!

Carnia, 1945: the Tatar Crimean nazi division escape to Austria...

Guerrila warfare in Langhe, southern Piedmont 1943 to 25/04/1945 ( ahem, 04-25-1945... montati maluccio, eh? )

Even better: Dongo ...
                "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Siege of Le´ningrad, Spanish Civil War, French Resistance

Comment

I voted for the Winter War. If this wins I would be happy to offer help (but beware I have fallen behind the technology loop). I have been thinking about a WW scenario for a while and can give you some of my ideas.
                    "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
                    -OOTS

Comment

What in the name of Jahannum is DONGO?!?!

Sounds like some kind of freakin twinkie!!

Anyone know if there is a scenario out there covering the Warsaw Uprising?

Yeah, yeah, I know, finish what I got started first. But it's so HARD with all these good ideas floating around...

Comment

Originally posted by WarVoid
                        What in the name of Jahannum is DONGO?!?!
                        Mussolini has to die
                        has to die
                        has to die
                        Mussolini has to die
                        my fair lady...

It'as an old partisan jingle. They catch er Mussolini at Dongo and... tatatatatatatatata.

There's a museum at Dongo, too. The homepage.
                        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Ook. The winter war looks like it's winning. With only five months of fighting it's going to take a lot of research to make that one interesting

Comment

I chose the battle of the Bulge. It has a unique history and could make a great scenario because it was so late in the war and the Germans came so close to winning it. If anyone is interested their is a video on this starring Charles Bronson, Henry Fonda and Robert Shaw.

Comment

Originally posted by Smaug
                              I chose the battle of the Bulge. It has a unique history and could make a great scenario because it was so late in the war and the Germans came so close to winning it.
                              No they didn't They simply came close to putting their entire body in the noose and not just their head
                              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

viva le french resistance!
                                or africaù
                                or finland of course
                                -->Visit CGN!
                                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                                X