The Next Big Thing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Big Thing

Well it finally looks like I might finish Kyokujitsu. I know I want to focus on World War 2 for my next scenario. But what should it be? You decide!

You can pick more than one.
    Siege of Leningrad
    7.79%
    Battle of the Bulge
    18.18%
    Spanish Civil War
    14.29%
    Winter War (Finland against Russia)
    20.78%
    African Campaign
    10.39%
    Operation Citadel (Kursk '43)
    6.49%
    French Resistance
    5.19%
    Other (Specify)
    2.60%
    Battle for the Banana Reich
    14.29%

I voted for the Battle of the Bulge, and DV I expect a totally new set of events for every day of the battle
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I'd go with the French Resistance.

That'd be something cool. A guerilla war set in WW2.

Comment

The That-Ke battle, French-Vietnamese war. Guerrilla + conventional warfare.
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

By other I meant world war 2-related

Comment

Then specify...

Domodossola partisan republic, 1943-1944.

Or the battle of Anzio.
            "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
            "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
            "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Winter War. To me, this is the most interesting conflict of WWII. In fact, one of the first mini-scenarios I made when first fiddling with Civ II was based on this. It (the scenario) was a horrible little thing, and I want to see it done right. So...yeah, make this one.
              "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

the lenningrad siege would be similar to a stalingrad scenario IMO, but with FMK's rate of advance, you could start on a leningrad scenario tommorow and finish before him

i voted for battle of the bulge

Comment

I voted for Kursk. Although I wouldn't mind seening a good Afrika Korps scenario. In fact, it'd be willing to offer my assistance if needed if you choose Africa.
                  Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Battle of the Bulge. Mmmm, that name always makes me think of eating and round bellies

But seriously, there aren't many good scenarios around about the later stages of the war and the Axis defeat. Hardjoy was working on something similar but covering a much wider arena and time (late 1942 to 1946 I think, and covering most of northern Europe.)

And make THIS one for MGE

Comment

Banana Reich!
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

what is the battle of the bulge?

Comment

It's also called the Battle of the Ardenne Forest, it's the last German offensive in the West.

Comment

All interesting ideas that would make great scenario's, if I had to pick one I'd go for the Winter War but one I'd really like to see which isn't mentioned is a scenario covering the Soviet invasion of Manchuria in the final days of the war.
                            STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

I voted for Winter War (Finland against Russia)...

Comment

Working...
                              X