What of the Civ Scenario Collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What of the Civ Scenario Collection?

Are Allard and Andrew ever going to update it again?

Andrew never was part of the site...

Comment

And I think Allard fell off the edge of the Earth...

I really do wish somebody would update the bloody thing tho...

Comment

But aren't all scenarios at the Spanish Civ2 site too now? And didn't you, JB, pretty much create CSC (or pick the categories or something)? So aren't YOU responsible? And are YOU updating YOUR site, I don't think so!

Maybe someone could revive CSC too... Or even merge it into the SLeague, to really make it the one-stop Civ2 scenario site.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Maybe someone could revive CSC too... Or even merge it into the SLeague, to really make it the one-stop Civ2 scenario site.

No, thanks. Updating one site's worth of bad code is fun enough.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
            Or even merge it into the SLeague, to really make it the one-stop Civ2 scenario site.
            that is not a bad idea,
            why don´t you consider it leo??
            Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
            Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
            miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Merc

CSC was merged with the Spanish Site some time ago. Glad that at least someone noticed

Comment

So what...The CSC site is officially pronounced dead? If it is completely redundant with JB's fine site then why host it? Why not use the server space and pick up WarVoid's site or something like it? Or is this a lot more complicated then I think it is?

Comment

Originally posted by WarVoid
                  And I think Allard fell off the edge of the Earth...

Well, not really, but the result is no different. He has showed his face again recently, but he suddenly just retired from Civ2 and anything/anyone related to it about 2 years ago.

Originally posted by Jay Bee
                  Merc

CSC still has a little extra left, it has some graphics as well.

Merging CSC into SL would be a good idea, but putting all the scenarios up there, creating the necessary pages (and maybe even database or so), and actually updating it and adding new scenarios requires a LOT of work. So if you all really want it I suggest you all volunteer to help out St. Leo.

I don't know what exactly the criteria for hosting here are, but I do know that they don't ask people to get hosted (perhaps with a few exceptions in the past?). Actually, I do know some hosting criteria, but I don't think there's actually a single hosted site that matches these. Not that I mind, of course, but it does make the rules rather silly.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

i'm in contact with the JB, we'll have some announcements soon.

Darth be on alert. I hope you feel ready to get to work

as for our hosting program, the main rule is this
                    the sites must have something new to offer

no point for repititive content on the same server
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Comment

IIRC, I put all the graphics packs from CSC on my Arabic CivII Site (see sig).

So they ARE available elsewhere, if you know where to look.

Comment

WV, could you put them on the SLeague site as well? (only the graphics, not the scens)

Comment

I'll do it this weekend when I add the PBEM page.

Comment

When adding single-file graphics packs, could you not zip them? Having to unzip a single *.gif is annoying and prevents one from finding out whether they actually want to keep it on their HD until after it's already there.
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X