No announcement yet.

A new map editor is born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is the map editor work going? The last version crashed and burned instantly. I am still very eager to get my hands on an operational version.

Comment

A working version is coming your way, Captain!
      Eru, are you sure you want to receive 1.7 MB, or do you rather receive it in several turns? Please mail me (in Dutch or English)!
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm really interested in this new editor.
        I've already got about one gig of space taken up on my server with maps. A few more won't hurt me (I hope).

warvoid@aol.com

Comment

I've sent you a mail
          May Eru Ilúvatar and the Valar be with you!

Comment

Why are all the Dutch people talking about potatoes?
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Because they taste so good??? I wouldn't know...

I'd really like to see that editor once it's finished!

------------------
              Mathias' Civ II Page
              http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
              The Lost Geologist Blog
              http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

The editor is working! Good work Mercator...
                I just edited a new "oversized" scenario map with it.
                Here are some suggestions for extra features:
                1. Ability to extract and edit the map portion of a .sav file, then replace it in the file.
                2. A tool to analyze and convert .bmp maps if they do not match the format needed. The message I got wasn't descriptive enough (Basically: "This format doesn't match"). How about "oversized dimensions" (Option to trim map?), "X wrong colors detected" (Option to replace?), "incorrect Palette"(Option to substitute palette?)...
                This is a great utility and it is very usable as is... The above is not a criticism just a wishlist.

Comment

The problem with savegames is that there is a lot more map information stored in them than what can be found in a map file. In savegames and scenarios you also need to take units, cities etc. etc. into account. There are also multiple areas maps are stored in. Since I only recently found that out, I'll have to look into that a little better.
                  I could indeed add a little bmp analyzing options. I'll look into that as well.

Thanks for the comments and compliments!

Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

When can I receive it? I sent you a mail yesterday, but I didn't receive it. But Nemo had it. Maybe is there something wrong with my e-mailadress. Working mail: webmaster@TolkienQuiz.cjb.net

------------------

Comment

*double post*
                      [This message has been edited by Mercator (edited April 18, 2000).]

Comment

Sorry, I did receive your mail Eru (Nemo was a little earlier). I just haven't been able to send a reply yet. I'll probably send the necessary things over this evening (CET). Tecumseh, Allard, Eru and WarVoid can expect it within the next 36 hours .

Comment

There's just something so right and fitting about a guy named Mercator working on maps...

Comment

Mercator:
                            I have just received the new editor.
                            Many thanks...
                            I'm in the process of testing it as I post this.
                            I'll either post my results or send you an e-mail.
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Thanks! I have already send you some errors I encoutered when I installed it. I'll test it today.

------------------

Comment

Well, Sieve Too, why did you think I chose this handle?

I'll have a look at all the error reports shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X