SETI Project Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SETI Project Questions.

I need to know the exact nature of this wonder.

1.) Does it effectively enhance the science output of all a civ's cities as if there were a research lab in each even if there are no libraries or universities in any of them?

2.) If so, what are the mathematics? Is a "ghost" research lab in each city doing anything at all if there are no other science improvements?
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

BUMP!

I need to know.
    Lost in America.

Comment

The SETI Program "acts as a research lab in all your cities." A research lab "increases the city's Science output by 50%, cumulative with Library and University." So, I'd conclude that it will produce science without Libraries or Universities. It would be easy enough to test.
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Science (Library, University, Research lab) and Trade (Marketplace, Bank, Stock Exchange) improvements work independently. Each adds 50% to the base science output. That is, if you have 10 beakers, each of the 3 science improvements will add 5 beakers, no matter whether any of the previous improvements are there or not.
        I can absolutely positively say that SETI will give science output, even without any science improvements, let alone scientists.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you, gentlemen . . .

That's all I needed to know.
          Lost in America.

Comment

Working...
          X