Looking for Darth Veda's Jap scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to the bottom of the ocean?
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

July 1941 - October 1941

Case: Soon enough. It's got business first though

Formosa: Bastion of Air Power

The Imperial Japanese Army Air Force has flown flight after flight into Formosa in a show of force in the past few months. The United States embargoed the Japanese oil supply in August and in response, the IJAAF has stationed 240 Ki-21 Sally bombers, 100 Ki-43 Oscar fighters, and almost 150 Ki-51 Sonia tactical bombers on Formosa, which is only 600 miles from Manila in the Philippines. The IJAAF is hoping to send a clear message to the U.S. about the price of the failure of negociations in Washington.

Focus on: Yellow River Defense

***Fortress Loyang

With four divisions in strength protecting this small town on the southern banks of the Yellow river, the Chinese have had little progress in the past months while throwing themselves on the prepared and entrenched defenders. Joining the some 50,000 infantrymen defending the city is a regiment of Type 97 tanks and a regiment of artillery.

A small airbase has also been opened in the city, which is home to a wing of Ki-51 tactical bombers and a wing of Ki-43 fighters.

***Fortress Taiyuan

A former communist stronghold, it now is home to a little more than three entire divisions of the Imperial Japanese Army. The 40,000 Infantrymen are joined by two regiments of artillery and a tank regiment.

A small airbase on the Yellow river operates a wing of Ki-51 tactical bombers.

***Airbase Tsining

The largest airbase in all of mainland China, it is home to more than 200 Ki-43 fighters, 50 Ki-21 bombers, and 150 Ki-51 light bombers. The Imperial Japanese Army has stationed more than 10,000 soldiers in the city to protect it from sabotage from communist and warlord insurgents.

First Fleet Sets Sail

After taking on more than 300 new aircraft at Kure, Osaka, and Hiroshima, the Akagi, Kaga, Soryu, Shokaku, and Hiryu have set sail for an unspecified destination off the coast of Hokkaido. The other new carrier, Zuikaku, has been held back from what is probably a training exercise and will dock at Kure shortly. It will take on several squadrons of aircraft and proceed into the South pacific to reinforce Saipan and Tinian.

-=-=-=-=-=-

The allies suspect nothing! All their base are belong to me!

Comment

Darth,
        The graphics look very nice, but I have one suggestion. On the aircraft, you might want to position them a little lower inside the box, otherwise the top section will get cut off by the overlapping unit shield and health bar.

All their base are belong to me!
        I've heard that before but I can't remember where...
        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

All your base are belong to us

Comment

Originally posted by MagyarCrusader
            Darth,
            The graphics look very nice, but I have one suggestion. On the aircraft, you might want to position them a little lower inside the box, otherwise the top section will get cut off by the overlapping unit shield and health bar.
            It's never really bothered me...

I'll look into it though. I'd prefer them high flying though.

Comment

I did a search through the history of this forum and found out that my first promised date was May 18, 2000.

The official date of Kyokujitsu's release, is therfore: When its done!

Comment

I recall a big feature on the Apolyton Civ 2 section (aka the core of 'Poly before the forums took over) a couple (?) of years ago where you boasted that Kyokujitsu was 'almost done'

Still, going by your posts and the beta that you released, it's looking like its going to be worth the wait
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

yes most definitely, from what I saw, it looks like a killer scenario.
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Here's another attempt at an F4F. The unit is proving to be elusive to draw. I completely redrew it again and I'm still not happy. Here's the two infidels:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Now here's an F4F (rightmost) I can be proud of! Watch the evolution...
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by DarthVeda; June 13, 2002, 07:20.

Comment

Sorry Darth, but don't you mean right-most Because the left one is the one you aren't happy with
                        Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                          Sorry Darth, but don't you mean right-most Because the left one is the one you aren't happy with
                          oh yes of course. A la derecha.

Comment

In the spirit of reworking graphics entirely, I redid my SBD Dauntless dive bomber. It looks a little better than before (I think). I've reworked this one, so I'll compare the new one to the most recent version.
                            Attached Files

Comment

The graphics look great and you're making them even better: this is awesome

Since you are on the editing path, I was thinking that the F4U Corsair might need to be 'thickened' as it looks a little thin and skimpy. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
                                The graphics look great and you're making them even better: this is awesome

Since you are on the editing path, I was thinking that the F4U Corsair might need to be 'thickened' as it looks a little thin and skimpy. Just my opinion
                                It was going to be my next victim

Comment

Working...
                                X