No announcement yet.

Looking for Darth Veda's Jap scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided I could not go on living unless I added a Ki-30 Light Bomber to the China campaign
    Attached Files

Comment

Well thats obnoxious... let's try it again in ".gif" format.

I'm almost finished tweaking events file #6. I just need to test the Nomonhan Incident-related units I added to the end of the file.
      Attached Files

Comment

The bomber looks nice, but I suggest you reposition it away from the top because the tail is going to get cut off by the unit's lifebar.
        Re-elect Bush!

Comment

More Indians...

Made this one up whilst Nemoizing the units for 'Up the Deadly Boot'. Maybe it is useful? Would need to be slapped into ToT format of course...

-FMK.
          Attached Files

Comment

Events file 6 is done and playtested (three times). 7 is now in the works.

Comment

Re: More Indians...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
              Made this one up whilst Nemoizing the units for 'Up the Deadly Boot'. Maybe it is useful? Would need to be slapped into ToT format of course...

-FMK.
              That's pretty good but it is too close a resemblence to the IJA infantry I have in the game. Thanks anyway

Comment

Nemo IJA + Generic Indian Head= FMK Indian Inf!

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

Nemo IJA + Generic Indian Head= FMK Indian Inf!
                  Hey it's perfect for the Indian National Army - this was a 40,000 strong force the Japanese recuited from Indian POWs.
                  'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                  - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Ok events file #7 is done, on to #8

Yeeehawww... got an events file done in less than a day... things are looking good for Kyokujitsu!

Comment

Excellent progress Darth... How many events files are there to do total?

Also, did you get my PM?

-FMK.

Comment

FMK: En total, there will probably be... 29 events files.

I'll reply to your PM in a bit...

Just a word on Kyokujitsu: I'm going to probably not much progress over the next week because I have 2 programming projects that are due (plus regular homework) for my C++ and Java classes.

This is a theory but...

I made a discovery this morning, the tech paradigm controlled by the rules.txt file seems to have some bearing on consecutive techs. I'll explore it later when I get the time. What I think happens is that for each consecutive discovery (does not matter the number of techs you already have), the game adds the number for the tech paradigm in the rules.txt to the number of beakers.

(Say paradigm for the *scenario* is set to 3 and the rules.txt file has a paradigm of 10).

The game adds 10 to the number of beakers required for the next advance, and multiplies that requirement by 3/10. The denominator in this equation I believe is independent of the rules.txt file. (As my changing of it had absolutely no bearing on the game research time for a particular turn of Kyokujitsu).

For example, your next advance requires 100 beakers (not visible to you, but done as a precalculation). You would have to accumulate only 30 to receive the advance. Your next advance would require 110 (+10 from rules.txt).

A quick way I could test this is see what happens when I put 0 as the rules.txt paradigm. (The game will crash if it is used as a denominator). I think I'll do that now.

Comment

Well it doesn't crash but I can't say for sure if it does anything... more testing to come

Comment

As soon as I make some final changes and tests, I'll release the link for the newest build of Kyokujitsu (two more events files and more units covering Nomonhan Incident).

Comment

Just wanted to say that I am not playing this scen at the moment because of all the changes being made. But I would like to add that despite the lack of interest in ToT, I am still eager to see this one finished and I will be playing it. It definetly has potential and I hope DV keeps the project alive.
                              Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Woops... discovered a fatal problem in events 7... going to take some time to fix... 6 and 7 will be out within the week though

Comment

Working...
                                X