Blood & Iron (aka European Crisis) PBEM begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood & Iron (aka European Crisis) PBEM begins

Final version with the bugs corrected below I hope.

In any case, turn order:

Prussians- Henrik
    French- Hodad
    British- Scott
    Russians- Jerkwaterbox
    Austrians- JamesJKirk

Henrik, download the zip and commence the game, please.

Also, I hope there's no other scenario with the name Blood & Iron, although it does ring a bell...
    Attached Files

"Die Berliner":

Collection of Headlines from the past month:

March 1th:
    "Bismarck accuses the Austrians for intervening in the government of Schleswig!
    Austria declares war on Prussia!"

In an extremely rude and bold move the Austrian government declared war on Prussia earlier today.
    Shortly afterwards, the German Confederation and Switzerland delivered a war declaration to Riechskansler Heinrich von Bismarck, as they felt that "The Prussian interference with the affairs of the Austrian Empire and Schleswig are threatening the peace on the continent."
    The government of Denmark, who also have claims to Schleswig also declared war shortly thereafter.
    Foreign millitary analysists deem the prussian army to be totaly uncapable of handling so many enemies at the same time, the collapse of the young nation is expected to follow.
    Yet this Zeitung thinks that our Prussian disciplin will prevail over the outdated and untrained troops of the agressors.
    Brittain, France and Russia are strangely quite and uninterested of current affairs...
    The Kingdom of Italy however has declared its support for the prussian cause and have declared war against Austria-Hungaria.
    Rumours has it that they are preparing a major offensive in the Venizia area...
    The follwoing days will be very exciting indeed, will the young nations of Prussia and Italy be crushed under the foot of the Imperial Dinosaur or will our glorious armies defeat what was and create a new power balance in Europe...
    Johann Lohmander, Editor of Die Berliner

March 8th:
    "Schleswig now a Prussian Province!"

As the war reaches its second week the government of Schleswig capitulates to Army Group Jutland, as General Paul von Grüssenwald and his army group marches on towards Copenhagen a new government has been formed in Schleswig, among the first things the new government did was to request total anexation by Prussia.

March 30th:
    "Summary of the Austro-Prussian War":
    What was first perceived as the death sentence of the Prussian nation has now turned out to be the birth of a new German nation!
    All nation priviously in the Neutro-Confederation, Prussia, Switzerland and the Mayors of Prague and Kotowice signed a document marking the creation of a German nation!
    With it's capital in Berlin this nation, consisting basicly off all nations conquered by the prussian army during the last month as well as Prussia itself, will be one of the most powerfull nations in europe, effictively absorbing Austrias lost role as a great power...
    The new German nation has few enemies (Austria-Hungaria and Denmark), but also few friends (with Italy as the only nation who has recognized the new German state) the german Reichskansler Heinrich von Bismarck has undertaken a very friendly foreign policy, trying to make friends with most of the nations in europe, showing that they have nothing to fear from this new continental player.
    A peace offer has been sent to the Netherlands and Belgium, as Germany holds no hostility towards these nations.
    Attached Files
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Le Monde.- Mars 1866

Celebrations Held in Honour of Emperor Martin III
      Paris.- Across France and Algiers, thousands of people held celebrations in honour of Martin III, Emperor of France, praising his person and his governance. His sound social and fiscal policies are making of France a rich industrial nation without enemies.

New Subsidies Set Aside for Public Works Programs
      Paris.- The Emperor has set aside over 4000 Francs for the speeding of hundreds of public works programs, aimed at the industrialization and economic establishment of France. Stemmed within the sound policies undertaken by the government, thousands of Frenchmen will newly employed in the new public works and new moneies will be generated through these infrastructure upgrades.

Tensions in Europe Speed Devolution of Rome
      Rome.- Thousands of French troops charged with garrisoning Rome and the Vatican have embarked back to Marseilles when they were recalled back home due to the growing tensions in Europe.

Meanwhile, defences along Alsace and Lorraine are being reinforced and thousands of French troops have been mobilised to the border due to the agressiveness of the Prussianisation of the minor Germanic principalities and duchies which have been annexed by the use of military or diplomatic force.

Emperor Martin has also warned von Bismarck about violating the neutrality of the Kingdoms of Belgium and The Netherlands.
      Attached Files

Comment

Scott! It's only five minutes, joy week or not!

Comment

Calm yourself. I'll get to it once my exams are over.

Comment

*does turn quickly during study break*

England is very angry that the scenario designer forgot our strategic possessions on Cyprus and Gibraltar when doing the map.
            Attached Files

Comment

*takes note*

Also, when fixing the problem with the infantry, I have just realised that the Spanish inf was replaced by the Austrian cavalry. In the game, you'll find that invading Spain you find Austrians defending.

This doesn't make any real difference, as the Spanish Inf had the same defence values, and they will seldom attack.

Comment

ok, i will have my turn posted in an hour or two
                "The Bible is the greatest sales pitch in history" -Me

"I regret nothing and apologize for less." -My motto

Comment

Not to be a bit of a **** but i kinda updated your units abit and the scenario, please look, if you wanna modify it more ,ask the author, okies byes!
                  "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave
                    Not to be a bit of a **** but i kinda updated your units abit and the scenario, please look, if you wanna modify it more ,ask the author, okies byes!

Comment

Buggar sorry guys, it wont post the whole scenario, but i'll post the units!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Are those actual Italian uniforms from the time period or did you invent them? I like some of those changes.

Will use them in v2.2.

Comment

And, BTW, I am the author of this scenario...

*polishes shotgun*

Be happy I actually liked most of those changes...

Comment

But... have you played it? Did you like it? What did you think overall?

*pulls at soundwave's sleeve for comments*

Comment

Yes the are the actual Italian Uniforms, but its the Kingdom of Sardina (Piedmount) so I thought that would fit it with your scenario (I love redoing units, so they look better). I'm glad you like them. I loved the scenario at first, thats why i redid that kinda... i just added Malta, as British, (you should have event saying Alexander declears War on Anyone, who takes over Matla, since he had a bizar fantasy with the Kights of StJohn) and Gibratlar... Sedan(famos battle), Verdun (famous battle), i was quite dissapointed that if you had romania, you didn't have Constanta (major port) or Sofia (Bulgarian captial). And much more i guess... If you want any help i'd love to, i love the history peroid from 1815-1939. Oh another thing, if you dont mind i'm using some of the units in the 1815-1900 scenario (doesn't inculde WWI, bombers, use of siege guns, like 105mm...maybe!)

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X