Scenario Renovations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario Renovations

In an attempt to breath some life into old classic scenarios I thought I'd 'renovate' some of my favorites by replacing their old dodgy graphics with nicer looking modern ones. This idea may prove to be totally naff and embarrasing, but what the hell - it gives me something to do while I put off working on my own scenarios

To start off with, here's improved graphics for Microprose's American Civil War and War of Independence scenarios.

Below: before and after shots of the War of Independence
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Case; December 5, 2001, 05:50.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

the file: (69 Kb)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Case; December 5, 2001, 02:03.
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Before and after shots of the American Civil War
      Attached Files

Comment

and the file: (74 Kb)

I've finished graphical ugrades for several of Harlan Thompson's scenarios and will post them if and when I get his approval to do so. If anyone has an old scenario they want updated, let me know
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Case; December 5, 2001, 02:03.

Comment

wowie wow wow!

Comment

Hmmmm

No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I did this all the time to keep on playing the standard games... it sort of gives a "morale" burst and kept me playing for another 3 months before I got bored again.

Comment

Henrik, how are those issues comming along that we were talking about the other day? And what is holding back the release of the 2nd one? Is it the trade thingy that you want me to do. I think #2 is soooo good that I will really look into doing that for you, cause I think you should get it out man.

But Henrik's are actual re-do's of the scens.. new tech trees etc. Everyone should really check them out.

This is excellent work too Case! I think that alot of the ol' microprose ones could use a facelift! I get dibs on facelifting the Samuri one!

-FMK.

Comment

Can someone post a link to any of Henrik's redone scenarios?

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                    But Henrik's are actual re-do's of the scens.. new tech trees etc. Everyone should really check them out.
                    Where are they advailable from?

This is excellent work too Case! I think that alot of the ol' microprose ones could use a facelift! I get dibs on facelifting the Samuri one!
                    Thanks

I just got a PM from Harlan giving me permission to do his scenarios, so I'll put the files up later today

Comment

Can someone post a link to any of Henrik's redone scenarios?
                      Where are they advailable from?

You see, that just it.... they're not. One is (was) ready to go, except that very recently during testing it I found a HUGE bug... well not a bug really... yes, a bug. For instance I am refering to the Microprose WWII.scn. Henrik has made it such that all nationsa have some tasty national units, but, since they are related to one another by tech, the AI is having the probmel of not being able to build them. This made it very easy for me as I made my invasion of the Balkans (under Italian/Runamian control) and later my invasion of the Germans proper. They had fleet after fleet of luftwaffe, but only because they weren't able to build their units. This is a problem with the way CivII Ai works (or doesn't). He ha had to change some unit attk/def stats which seemed to make things work.

The other one that he has spent alot of time on is basically waiting for my lazy arse. Henrik (because he is on a Mac) wants me to use CivCity.exe to redo alot of traderoutes in the savegame. There are very detailed things that just dont make sense with the trade routes set as they are. But this too is a vey nice job well done. Makes the original scen 100x better IMHO.

Henrik, care to send me a totally updated list of what you want with yer CivCity thingy, and I'll see about getting it done man.

Basically for all the rest of you, just start telling Henrik you want to play them, and I'm sure he'll release them. Meanwhile, they sit nice and pretty on the FMK harddrive.

-FMK.

Comment

I did this whole 'graphic revamp' thing to Tech's "war of 1812" too.
                        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh

Meanwhile, they sit nice and pretty on the FMK harddrive.

-FMK.
                          Care to give out an IP number and password to the FMK harddrive by any chance?

I await with breathless anticipation...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbes
                            I did this whole 'graphic revamp' thing to Tech's "war of 1812" too.
                            Any chance I could get a copy of that?

Comment

Vikings 3.1

Here's updated graphics for Harlan's Vikings 3.1. I've changed the unit, city and terrain graphics, and IMHO it now looks as good as it is to play
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X