No announcement yet.

Crisis of NWO PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL oh i fell so wanted.. yea sure i'll take the Commies... can someone give my details, like what events used? Whats the Alliances and world situation??
    "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

We're using the multiplayer events file, but since this is encoded into the save fle it shouldn't matter which one you have in the scenario directory.

For the world situation, check the past few pages of this thread. Henrik posted the save game file somewhere on the thread, so download it and get playing - it's your turn.
      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

And heres another one of my infamous maps. I just hope it attaches alright.
        Attached Files
        Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

I cant hes got a password!!
          "Whoever wants peace, be prepared for war"- Soundwave

Comment

Christ almighty! I would PM jerkwaterbox, but seeing as he hasn't been around for some time it seems pointless.
            "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Comment

I know how to remove passwords from save files, but so, it appears, does soundwave...

I can do it, if we decide to still want soundwave in after taking the info in this thread into acount...
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Personally, I have no objections to him taking part. What about you, Henrik?

Comment

Sure he can if he promises not to cheat again, but one must remember that pbems rely on trust, can you really trust a player that is known to cheat?
                  Pbems are extremely vulnerable to cheating, as there is basicly no way of checking if somone breaks the rules, therefore we need to trust eachother.
                  The question is do we?
                  A second chance is ok with me tough, Im not like that

Sorry if I was a little rude above.

Comment

Fair enough. He can play, but if we find him cheating we expel him immediately. Only seems fair.

Comment

• Yes, this is definatley a disturbing turn of events. I have never put passwords on my games simpy because I felt that there was no need for them. I guess I was naive about the whole thing. Do you suppose people have been spying on me since I haven't protected myself and if so can I put a password on my games after I have started them?
                      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• I sometimes password my game and somtimes I chose not to password it, it is really very simple to bypass the password thing if you really wanted to (I wont post how it could be done though for obvious reasons) the basic thing is we should trust eachother, I mean we play for fun right?
                        Where is the fun in cheating?...
                        As I said above though I think a second chance is something everyone is entitled to though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmywax
                          can I put a password on my games after I have started them?
                          Yep: File - set password. You'll need the enter the password each time you load the game, so choose something you'll remember
                          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Originally posted by Case

Yep: File - set password. You'll need the enter the password each time you load the game, so choose something you'll remember
                            Well that is simple enough.
                            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• So, should I remove the passowrds from the file to allow soundwave to join?

Comment

• Might be a good idea, seeing as I've forgotten mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X