Who will play with me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will play with me?

I am starting my own thread here to recruit people to play a game of "2194 Days" with me. I will automatically ban Xin from the game (sorry Xin ) since he seems to scare everyone off. After hearing tales of his conquests, I will say that I do not blame them.

I will start this off with saying that I want to play the U.S.
    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

I'll take the challenge... I'll play either Britain or Japan...

My email is Stefan.Haertel@t-online.de

Have patience. I'm not a very good player.
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Seeing as 30YW has stalled...

I would like to play.

However, I am interested in playing as the Japnese. If you would care to be the Brits Stefan, this could work. N'est pas?

-FMK.

Comment

Rule Britannia!

All right, I'll play the British then
        Follow the masses!
        30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

O.K. so we have this so far:

United States: Jimmywax (me)
          Great Britain: Stefan Hartel
          Japanese: FMK
          Germans: ?
          Russians: ?
          Chinese: ?
          Neutrals: ? (if anybody wants to play them)

So that leaves room for three or four more people. Come on and sign up.
          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Uh, care if I change my name and join? Either Russia or Germany will do. .

Just kidding. Have a happy game guys.

Comment

I'll take whichever of Germany and the USSR comes last in the order of play (seeking as I'll be away for a week and all).
              'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I'll take China, I guess. This should be interestingly hard for me, but sign me up theanzac@nac.net
                Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Ok then case has the USSR. Which Means im germany!!!!!

Looks like its me and you FMK. Happy hunting. im always good at war scenarios lol
                  Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Right then this is the order of play.

Japanese: FMK
                    Germans: Grothgar
                    Neutral
                    Americans: Jimmywax
                    British: Stefan Hartel
                    Chinese: The ANZAC
                    Soviets: Case

Settings:

Prince difficulty. And i think we should use the British Events file seeing as the british are everywhere and also because the Axis have the advantage at the start and so this should readress the balance the tiniest amount.

Ill get to work on a map. if this thing allows me to post it that is!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Should I start?

or are we going to wait for a Neutral player? Seeing as Europe is mostly railroaded, it will be very easy for the german to run them down. Is it worth waiting, or should we leave them to the AI?

And yes, we will be playing with the allies advantage in both rules and events. Has to be so to attempt to hamper the Axis.

Grothgar, If you play 2194 like you played Stalingrad we'll have an easy time my friend!

-FMK.

Comment

Also, do we want me to remove the negotiation events such that Alliances can be broken/ ceasefires signed etc? Easy enough to do, just need to know if we want it.

Comment

Well i doubt in this one there is much point in that at all FMK. I man britain is never surrender and fascism is hated so much. this isnt like TSFE this starts with the entire world at war. also each nation follows its own tech tree so no point in exchanging techs.

nd while i dont play 2194 as i managed to play stalingrad things will be intresting hehe

Comment

I vote we leave the neutrals to the AI and start off. Playing as the neutrals in this scenario would be about as much fun as playing as nature in Harlan's WW2 in the pacific scenario (you can see what's hapening, but can't do anything about it )

Also, which version of 2194 days are we using? (and what do you mean by 'the allies advantage in both rules and events'?)
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Nice of you guys to go on without me. Oh well Anyways I say we start .
                              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
                              X