No announcement yet.

Interested in playing a PBEM game? Read this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually i was thinking the mongols would be a good idea. Xin Yu For the Khan. or is that a bad idea. Xin you played this scen before? and as i understand it FMK you werent exactly that bad when you were the germans in the 2194 days PBEM
    I knew you would leap onto the crisis idea paul like a rabid dog. I only put it there to see if you would say anything hehe. its a good idea for a pbem but i fancy something ancient. The mongols gets my vote. I want to be the indians
    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Yeah I played Mongol half way through. Khan is actually difficult to play against human players.

Comment

Originally posted by Grothgar
        and as i understand it FMK you werent exactly that bad when you were the germans in the 2194 days PBEM
        Well, sure. Like I said, one couldn't ask for a better ally then Xin Yu. God, watching him play was like getting a lesson in Civ playing. I was more concerned during that game of Xin beating me to Moscow than I was about the allies!!! Xin (playing as the Japanese) ended up snagging Leningrad AND Stalingrad from me right under my nose! Amazing! Its a good thing too, I needed all of Europe's prduction to eventually starve the Brits out of London. Fun times, fun times... I love you Xin.

-FMK.

Comment

Mongols would also be great. I'll take the Franks
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I will be in for a mongols or Imp Rome game. I am unfamilar with mongols tough so I do not know the civs well enough to claim one.
            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

I would be in for any of the scenarios listed above.
              I don't know mongols that well, but I'd be willing to give it a try...

We should count the players here tough, is there room for all of us?

9 players so far...
              But as I was the second one to say I wanted to play... I will (hopefully be in the pbem)...

Maybe we should start 2 pbems instead of one as we seem to have so many interested players?
              No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

double post

double post
                Last edited by Ceteram; November 20, 2001, 04:33.
                Ceteram Macedonicus
                (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Huh!?!

Aye,
                  quite some response here...with many a good idea besides...

...2194 days PBEM with Xin Yu! I remember reading those crazy reports of Frisco and New York falling in the same turn...

But honestly, I wouldn't care if it was so...as so many peeps seem to be interested in PBEMs that starting a new game every five turns because Xin overran everybody is no major problem and most foreseeable.

Basically, I am open to any scenario...I played Mongols as the Mongols once...then I got bored as I reached the Caucasus. But duking it out against Xin Yu (couldn't be better represented then as the Mongol!) sounds like party...I am in!

Other scenario I thought of before:
                  Cullivan's Scenarios (not ready for mp I guess?)

Ok then...I just installed civ2 at work so that I can follow this thoroughly...

By the way, which civs are in Mongols besides Mongols , Indians and Franks? I'd be in for Spain or England
                  Ceteram Macedonicus
                  (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Comment

Mongols (Intro text)

"I am the scourge of God. Heaven had delivered you into my hands that I may punish you for your sins, for you have sinned greatly."

Genghis Khan, spoken from the pulpit of a large mosque in the town of Bukhara, just before ordering his troops to level the town and kill most of its citizens.

In 1211 Genghis Khan and his Mongol horde swept down from the steppes of Mongolia onto the pages of history. In less than a century the Mongols went from being a collection of small tribes to becoming the masters of the largest land empire in the history of the world. This was truly an amazing feat, and you will need great skill and luck to duplicate it.

RECOMMENDED: The Mongols
                    ALSO PLAYABLE: The Khwarizmians, Sung Chinese, and Indians
                    STRONGLY DISCOURAGED: Christians, Muslims, and Chin / Kara-Khitai

See the file Readme.txt for a more detailed description of this scenario.
                    Attached Files
                    Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

huh, wrong Mongol scenario?

Did you guys actually mean the Mongol scenario that comes with the game?
                      As for the Crises of the NWO (lazy, no disrespect here), is there any mp-events file around? I mailed Andrew, but got no response yet.
                      And there is ways to start 2 PBEM games simultaneously...

Any list of mp ready scens around?

Regards,
                      Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik
                        But as I was the second one to say I wanted to play... I will (hopefully be in the pbem)...

Maybe we should start 2 pbems instead of one as we seem to have so many interested players?
                        Yes and I was up there at the beginning too. So hopefully I will have a pick.

As far as two PBEM's I was thinking the same thing earlier today. I was thinking one "2194" w/o Xin and an ancient PBEM with him.
                        "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                        "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Re: huh, wrong Mongol scenario?

Originally posted by Ceteram
                          Did you guys actually mean the Mongol scenario that comes with the game?
                          As for the Crises of the NWO (lazy, no disrespect here), is there any mp-events file around? I mailed Andrew, but got no response yet.
                          And there is ways to start 2 PBEM games simultaneously...

Any list of mp ready scens around?

Regards,
                          No, they're refering to Harlan Thompson's Mongols scenario, which is far superior in every respect.

And as for CotNWO, version 3 had a MP events file (although it had one or two bugs, like the Indians being fined several billion dollars every turn after they got nukes, but these could easily be fixed).
                          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

And as for CotNWO, version 3 had a MP events file (although it had one or two bugs, like the Indians being fined several billion dollars every turn after they got nukes, but these could easily be fixed).
                            I don't have to tell you this was intended as a "Just Once" event.

Paul: I may have a little playtesting job for you over Christmas if you're interested. Please let me know. (secret project)

Ceteram:
                            I mailed Andrew, but got no response yet.
                            My response within 22 hours. Not that it was necessary: Paul was the reason I made an MP event file ITFP. I guessed he'd put you straight. 'Njoy.
                            "I didn't invent these rules, I'm just going to use them against you."

Comment

huh, wrong scenario?

Case: Mongols would also be great. I'll take the Franks.
                              I guess I got misled by Franks (Mongol) vs Christians (Mongols).
                              I'd be in for the Muslims *calculating the distance Xin Yu'd have to overcome 'till Mekka*. As I am getting really antsy about this, lets get our stuff in gear:

Mongols: Xin Yu
                              Franks: Case
                              Grothgar: Indians
                              Muslims: Ceteram
                              Khwarizmians: -Open-
                              Sung Chinese: -Open-
                              Chin / Kara-Khitai: -Open-

I am as much interested in CotNOW. Paul, you still in for Jacques Santer?
                              Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

mp events file

Andrew,
                                Many thanks for responding so quickly: I suspect you to be striving for a world record 'ere...

Which brings it back to you, Paul. By the way, I'd need to get version 3.0 as I only got 2.0. I'd be obliged if somebody could post an url.

Europeans: Paul Hanson
                                Indian Subcontinent: Ceteram
                                US: -Open-
                                Russia: -Open-
                                China: -Open-
                                and what about the Allies and Neutrals? Are they playable?
                                Hear from you soon,
                                Ceteram Macedonicus

Comment

Working...
                                X