Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interested in playing a PBEM game? Read this:

Hello fellow civers,
    Who'd be interested in playing a PBEM game (open to any scenario) with me? Needless to say, everybody is welcome.

Now, some tips on which scenarios are particularly interesting in mp and on technicalities like ctr-N are fundamental.

Thanks for taking your time,

Ceteram
    Ceteram Macedonicus
    (got the 'Macedonicus' part as a title for playtesting Bernd's Imperium Romanum)

Check my and FMKs pbem guide (posted in one of the threads in this forum cant remember wich one, we sent a copy for markos to post too, but he hasnt yet), oh and Im interested in playing too
    Last edited by Henrik; November 19, 2001, 13:06.
    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Henrik and I made this...

just for situations like this...

Attached Files
      Last edited by klesh; November 19, 2001, 13:10.

Comment

Re: Henrik and I made this...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
        just for situations like this...
        Very good. Two typos. a section title 'the legend of ctrl-L' should be 'the legend of ctrl-N'. Text 'al all cost' should be 'at all cost'.

Since I'll have less business during thanksgiving, I'm interested in a PBEM game as well.

Comment

Typos Schmypos ;-)

Thats what you get for working with a Swede, huh? Henrik, doesn't your Mac have a spellchecker? I made the corrections and re-posted the .zip.

PS.- I am actually the one who typed it...lol

-FMK.

Comment

I would be open to a "2194 Days of war" with ya. I am open to other suggestions though.
            "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
            "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Jimmywax have you lost your senses? Xin Yu shows intrest in a PBEM and you suggest 2194 days of war? This for the person who can take russia in 4 turns with germany??? In fact with Xin in this PBEM i vote for a PBEM that he hasnt played before. its the only way we have a chance.
              Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Originally posted by Grothgar
                Jimmywax have you lost your senses? Xin Yu shows intrest in a PBEM and you suggest 2194 days of war? This for the person who can take russia in 4 turns with germany??? In fact with Xin in this PBEM i vote for a PBEM that he hasnt played before. its the only way we have a chance.
                And also took Continental America in 4 turns with Japan, against a human player

Comment

I would like to be in

but after reading the 2194 pbem´s stories I don´t wanna play that one

let´s decide which period of history we want to play
                  Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                  Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                  miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Well we need to locate some sensible scenarios which are suitable for PBEMS.

Off the top of my head.

2194 Days of War (Over my dead body!!!)
                    TSFE (Im already in this one.)
                    The Age Of War (Im in this one as well)
                    Sieze the Crown
                    7 Years War (Could be intresting)
                    John Valdez's Birth Of America
                    USA 2010 (old but good)
                    Crisis of the New World Order (this would be good with no stupid AI agression)
                    Imperium Romanum
                    The Mongols by Harlan Thompson
                    ZWK

More suggestions welcome. However give lots of thought to suggesting any WW2 PBEM's as Xin is in our midst
                    Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Crises of the New World Order!

But of course, only if I get to play as the mighty Europeans.
                      "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

I'd love to play a Crises of the New World order PBEM
                        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I learned first hand...

Xin is the greatest ally, no one could ask for anyone better! You couldn't pay me enough to play a game agaist him!!!

Ummm, yeah... Let's play a RedFront PBEM... I'll take the Soviets, Xin, you get the Fins

-FMK.

Comment

Re: I learned first hand...

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                            Ummm, yeah... Let's play a RedFront PBEM... I'll take the Soviets, Xin, you get the Fins
                            I bet Xin would be in Moscow in 3 turns: 1 for Leningrad!
                            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

How about Mongol? Every civ is strong and even a civ takes an initial hit it's not a disaster. Only house rule is that you cannot bribe the Khans.

Comment

Working...
                              X