Still need a map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still need a map

Unfortunately, all nice tools to make map-editing easier won't work properly. Also, I might just be too stupid to learn new tricks when the old ones worked... what do I know.
    Anyway, I still need a map for my new scenario. It's boundaries should be:

West:Baghdad
    East: Delhi
    North: Syr Darja
    South: Oman mountains

Perhaps this might serve as a motivation:
    Attached Files
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Wann brqauchst du denn die Karte Stefan?/How soon do you need it? And how big?
    The Lost Geologist Blog
    http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

I'd like it rather quick, but it shouldn't be the most top priority. If it's done by the end of the week that'd be enough.
      75x120 squares is appropriate.

Thanks
      Follow the masses!

Comment

Nice cities, Stefan.
        Now I'm enious and angry.
        Let it never happen again.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Thanks to University and real life I won't be able to make that deadline. I'm sorry, this looks like a rather lengthy job for me.
          The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

NP. If you get it done by end of next week that'd be just as well. Don't rush it.
            Follow the masses!

Comment

I will try my best. But I am making no promises Stefan. I need to find a nice template picture to work from and where the hell is Syr Darja? I cannot find it on any maps I have so far.
              The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

The Syr Darja is a river in southern Kazakhstan and northern Uzbekistan flowing out of the Aral Sea. In antiquity it was known as the Jaxartes...
                Follow the masses!

Comment

OK, a river. Now I know what to look for an where. I'll try to be done in a week.
                  The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

Thank you very much!
                    Follow the masses!

Comment

Sorry

Stefan, I am very sorry but I just cannot get the job done in time. There is too much else to do in real live. I am very sorry, perhaps ask Mercator for advice?
                      The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

Damn server!

I replied to this a couple of hours ago, apparently my reply didn´t make it...

Sorry for not answering any sooner. But, well, I´m not really making a lot of maps these days.
                        [Heresson interlude]And I have yet to finish several of my and Maciej´s maps. Hmmm, and Maciej even urged me to make this map for you... Are you sure Maciej? That´ll delay the finishing of your maps [/Heresson interlude]
                        I am rather busy myself, so it will take at least to the end of next week. But I´ll give it a shot, if you don´t have the time to wait for a map (and use an awful alternative instead ).

Here´s an image of a map of the area (from the new batch of maps from Harlan´s Civ3 Haven )...
                        Attached Files
                        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

And the same area rotated...

The first map basically has Baghdad in the West, the Jaxartes in the North, Delhi in the East and the Oman Mountains in the South.
                          On the second map, Baghdad is in the Northwest, the Jaxartes in the Northeastern corner, Delhi in the Southeastern corner and the Oman mountains roughly in the Southwest.

Which one will it be? No. 1 or No. 2 or something even better?
                          Attached Files
                          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator, when S.H. first posted his map request, I posted one of the ecoregion bitmaps of the area. If that's of any use, let me know, I can repost it while at the office. There was also the matching shaded relief image.
                            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                            intelligence to few.

Comment

Yes, sure that would be great.

But could you make sure the area is large enough? That way I'll have enough "elbow room" if I rotate or enlarge the area a bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X