FMKs Screenshots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravagon

Could it be that they've just ignored references to events at present, while still including them in the game?
    Could somebody try inserting a civ2 events file using the old macro language with a simple text message to be brought up if a particular unit is killed and then kill one of those units or something (I'm desparate ).

No events at all would be a major disappointment.
    A good idea Ravagon, and worth a shot. Perhaps some of our more skilled colleagues could find a way to activate events and/or multilplayer. Anyone game to try? It would serve Infogrames/Firaxis right if they ended up losing $millions in undeserved profits on some "Gold Edition" or "Test of Patience."

BTW, here is a fraction of the "Jackal" text file:

#FILEFIND_NOCD
    #xs 320
    #caption Sid Meier's CIVILIZATION III
    #button Retry
    The CIVILIZATION III CD-ROM was not detected. Some game features
    will not function without the CD in the drive unless you have
    performed a "Complete Install".

#NETCONNECT_JOIN_OR_CREATE
    #xs 320
    #caption Host or Join Session
    Would you like to host a new game or join an existing one?

Host
    Join

#SELECTSERVICE
    #xs 320
    #caption MultiPlayer Setup
    Select a service...

#FILEWIN
    FILE NAME
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Jackal.txt is a leftover from SMAC, thats the SMAC engine (SMAC had MP, but not events).
      So I don't think you will have any luck toggling stuff there.

And about events
      This is an exerpt of a chat, posted by Locutus on CivFanatics (although it originaly comes from the apolyton chat yesterday) :

"[LoQtus] does Civ3 have an event/macro/scripting language of any sort or anything even vaguely resembling it?

[connorkimbro] An addition to LoQtus's question. . if there isn't one yet, how easy would it be to add one, and is that something that is planned?

[LoQtus] that's exactly what I wanted to add myself too

[Mike_Breitkreutz_FIRAXIS] A scripting language was not implemented for civ3 because we do not have any in-game support for events. I may or may not add scripting language support in the future but it will most likely be more of a visual script akin to StarCraft's editor."
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I KNEW it. I just Knew it!

No support for Scenarios.

50 graphic files to make a single unit.

Well looks like its back to Civ2 (Didn't we learn our lesson from ToT, CTP etc.)
        This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Words fail me ......

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
            Civ3....................49.99
            Civ3 Scenarios......49.99
            Civ3 Multi-player...49.99
            Civ3 Gold Edition...49.99

Get the picture?
            Or, it could be:

Civ3....................49.99
            Firaxis aquired by Microsoft
            All Civ3 team members layed off
            Some team members join BigHugeGames
            Microsoft sells Firaxis part to BigHugeGames
            Civ3: Multiplayer becomes a project of BigHuge
            --------

Comment

No Events in Civ3?????
              I think, we should forget about creating planed civ2 scenarios in civ3, like some people wanted to do, because with no events, they'll gonna be very booooooorinng!
              Alles ist möglich! Nichts wird uns aufhalten!
              Solidarität mit Island!

Join the Þ ß ð ä ö ü õ - Front!

Comment

This may be something which has already been answered, but is it possible to place units, cities, etc to create basic scenarios? Or are we, to use an Aussie term, completly rooted?
                (translation: completly f**ked)
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Henrik, how did you get your hands on Civ3?
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    Henrik, how did you get your hands on Civ3?
                    I didnt, as the thread name sugests, this is FMKs shots

I posted most of them for him.
                    No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik

I didnt, as the thread name sugests, this is FMKs shots

I posted most of them for him.
                      Thread names, pah (I followed a link.)
                      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Well guys,

it really is disapointing. But you guys, if you play the game, you'll see that I almost wouldn't want to play a scen on Civ3!!! So far, its so choppy and takes so long, I feel like io am playing CivII for Playstation. I can't imagine what it would be like with hundreds of tanks from the start. At least I can continue with Stalingrad on CivII and I dont have to upgrade it.

I think they really really turned alot of would-be loyal scenario makers off.... waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

-FMK.

Comment

Words defy the anger I have towards Firaxis right now... they flubbed even bigger than Acitivision with the original CTP. Their oversite is... simply astounding!

CTP2 however, was a good game, and looks to be better than Civ3. It is superior in all respects in scenario making (perhaps aside from ease of use), and has a very, VERY extensive macro language (so extensive as to make it unfriendly). I've just never had time to experiment with it because I like Civ2's ease of use and I'm STILL working on Kyokujitsu

I like ToT, and I think it will be the safe haven for we mod makers who want more than Civ2 but are fed up at Civ3's inept creation.

Viva la Civ2!!! I guess we have to wait for CTP3 or Civ4!

Comment

Re: Well guys,

Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
                            it really is disapointing. But you guys, if you play the game, you'll see that I almost wouldn't want to play a scen on Civ3!!! So far, its so choppy and takes so long, I feel like io am playing CivII for Playstation. I can't imagine what it would be like with hundreds of tanks from the start. At least I can continue with Stalingrad on CivII and I dont have to upgrade it.

I think they really really turned alot of would-be loyal scenario makers off.... waaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

-FMK.
                            FMK, how does your computer compare with the minumum requirements for Civ 3?
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                              This may be something which has already been answered, but is it possible to place units, cities, etc to create basic scenarios? Or are we, to use an Aussie term, completly rooted?
                              (translation: completly f**ked)
                              Sorry...completely rooted!

The lack of an event support is just the tip of the iceburg. Much more fundamental is the complete inability to place units and cities on a map. Unless there is an undocumented cheat mode hiding somewhere, scenarios just aren't feasible.

Some interesting modpacks are possible, but all you can do is monkey with the rules and specify the starting location of a civ (and even that appears to be randomized).

Map creation ability is decent, but irrelevant without scenario tools. If you hadn't heard, no worthwhile maps are included, and certainly no scenarios - two lame earth maps, masquerading as "scenarios", render the western hemisphere somewhat okay, but everything else is awful. But this is minor compared to the inability to create scenarios.

I, too, regret not waiting. The game is otherwise an adequately rendered facelift for Civ2 (but it is not as much an improvement over CivII as CivII was over the original Civ). Losing multi-player functionality (which I was aware of before I bought the game) and scenario support (which I was not aware of before I bought the game) are hardlly worth the new features you get in CivIII, though, IMHO. Most of the changes appear to be basic rules changes with the exception of the different mechanisms for diplomacy and trade. I never get real excited about graphics, anyway, and can't judge these, but they don't look as complicated as ToT graphics were from a scenario creation perspective (assuming the other elements of scenario creation are enable sometime soon).

Me, I'll probably keep the game, rather than trying to return it...but I doubt I'll keep it on my hard drive after fiddling around for a few weeks...I suspect I'll find EU or some good ole fashioned CivII scenarios will have more recurring interest than the new features in CivIII.

So, BeBro, don't slack off on that update for Cross and Crescent...ya hear! Let me know if you need some playtest help...I should have some free time in the next few weeks.

Comment

Sorry...completely rooted!
                                I thought so

This is a very big disapointment - I may wait untill Firaxis release a scenario/MP pack next year before buying the game

Comment

Working...
                                X