Russian Civil War Bug(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Civil War Bug(s)

I noticed in Alex's RCW scenario that when cities are captured the events say you get to build new units and a tech is given out, but you are unable to build the unit. So I went into the rules.txt and changed the prerequisite of the units that should be allowed to the techs that are given by events. I tried doing this for a White Machinegunner. Here are the lines for the tech and gunner in the rules.txt:

Tula, 4,-1, no, no, 2, 0 ; Lab

White M-gunner,no, 0, 1.,0, 7a,3d, 4h,3f, 12,0, 0, no, 010010001000000

So here is what I change:

White M-gunner,no, 0, 1.,0, 7a,3d, 4h,3f, 12,0, 0, Lab, 010010001000000

Then when I load the game, an error message comes up about the civ2.exe ahving an error, typically windows. What is wrong?
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Hmm...
    Does anyone else have that tech?
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

The problem may be that the obeslete tech is set to no Try changing it to nil

If that doesn't work, then I've got two sugestions, one rational, and one weird:

1. (rational) Check that you didn't accidently add a space or some other typo to the rules.txt file - the fastest way to do this would be to reedit a 'clean' version or the file from the zip.
      2. (weird) Check that no chunks of rules.txt have gone missing. In the the past I've had wierd stuff like the entire tech tree vanishing after I changed a single unit stat (that was using the FW in-game editor though)

Hope that helps
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Hey... you can fix the armored car bug that way too.

Are there any other ones?
        The strategically impaired,
        -Cal

Comment

Just for the hell of it I retyped the W-mgunner rules section and it worked! And so di the armored car! But now I get to a certain point in the game I think when the Bolshies geet the standardized army tech and the game crashes!!! What gives? I trade one problem in for another!
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
            But now I get to a certain point in the game I think when the Bolshies geet the standardized army tech and the game crashes!!! What gives?
            This is around turn 50, correct? I just tested it, and it worked fine for me... so I don't think that's it...
            The strategically impaired,
            -Cal

Comment

Originally posted by The ANZAC
              But now I get to a certain point in the game I think when the Bolshies geet the standardized army tech and the game crashes!!! What gives? I trade one problem in for another!
              When the game crashes after a tribe discovers a tech; that sounds like a problem with the tech tree, the problem being that that tribe cannot find a tech to research. Was the advance in question one discovered by research or given by events?
              "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
              --

Comment

How is future tech set up? Try setting in to nil, nil
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I'll check those things and report back! And yes the tech is given through events, at least I am pretty sure.

Comment

is alex's site back up? if its not where can i get the scenario?

Comment

Finally reporting back: changing the future tech to nil, nil didn't work the first time I reloaded but the second time it did. Same with everything else. And the RCW scenario can be found at the Spanish Civ2 Site. Anything up the rules.txt and ask me and I'll try to help.

Comment

Why don't you just go ahead and post the rules.txt, ANZAC?

Also, has anyone done a full-on tidy up of this scenario? It's quite cool, but the grammer errors and the lack of the afforementioned events kind of brings things down a bit.

Comment

Why don't you just go ahead and post the rules.txt, ANZAC?
                          I was just going to mention that.
                          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Good idea. Here are the rules.txt. They should be right, but if there's a mistake mention the problem or fix it and post it. Here ya go!
                            Attached Files

Comment

And here is the game.txt. It fixes the problems with the spy screen that really annoy the hell out of me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X