FMK's Battle of Stalingrad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask....and ye shall recieve

i never did get to see though screen shots...
    Is there any chance of some more screen shots...
    damn right! A Scenario League Thread, just isn't a Scenario League Thread, without the tangy zip of screenshots...... whip
    Also the units.gif for people to rip off ... er, appropriate, would be handy too
    What? Do you guys want screenshots or something?

Let me see what I can do....

Pardon me for asking, but how near, exactly?
    A month?
    A week?
    A day?

I'm really looking forward to this...
    Well Cal, again it is hard to say... How complete is a scenario that has all things completed except 1/2 of the event scripting? I wouldnt call it 1/2 done, because the majority of the hard stuff is out of the way. BUT, the scripting is the key in this scen...if it sucks and isn't thought out properly, the player wont have any fun. So as I get info from the playtesters, i make adjustments in order to achieve a proper balance.

I am going to try to finish up another one of the phases by the end of the week, we'll see what i can do. This gets me right up to the Soviet counterattack...

You must realize that since there are multiple ends for this scenario 1)win 2)lose 3) stalemate I need to have events that will reflect all three possibilities. One player might get his arse kicked at the Soviet offensive, whilst at the very same time another player may just be finishing up the clearing of the city...or even crossing the Volga to wipe out the remnants of the 2nd Soviet Army...

-FMK.

Comment

I took a few, just as the game starts...in-game ones may come later

-FMK.
      Attached Files

Comment

The 'world map'.
        Attached Files

Comment

The game's map... zoomed out to include it all.
          Attached Files

Comment

As the Germans, you start with only the city of Ptomnik... with the airbases of JG3 at your disposal.
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is a shot of your northern kampfgruppe... all dressed up with no where to go.

(note the Soviet workers on the farms blocking your way)
              Attached Files

Comment

Here we see the stronghold of Mamayev Kurgan. Heavily contested during the battle...
                Attached Files

Comment

The nothern Industrial section of the city...just after the Luftwaffe's 1,000 bomber raid on the opening day...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here we see the southern defense network for holding the Germans out of the suburban section of the city...
                    Attached Files

Comment

And lastly...

We see the east bank of the Volga, namely the Krasnaya Sloboda ... Artillery parks are here which rain death upon the fascist invaders...
                      Attached Files

Comment

This is probably a dum question FMK, but have you used any real maps of Stalingrad as reference for your scenario. Not that It really matters all that much. I just wanted to know

Comment

I procured as much cartography as possible...

Well, actual road maps of Stalingrad pre or even during the war proved to be illusive. However I did get about 9 maps that cover everything from neighborhoods and districts and landmarks within the city to ones showing way outside the city itself and the surrounding areas. Here is one of them that I found to be quite useful indeed. There are others, but in the intrest of Apolyton's hurting servers I wont post them. If you are interested I can send them to you if you like. Somtimes I just had to use my imagination though, it is a game.
                          Attached Files

Comment

i don't know what i look forward to more, opening civ3 this weekend or playing this scenario...

Comment

(Smileys say it so much better than words )

This looks like another killer scenario! Way to go

Originally posted by H Tower

i don't know what i look forward to more, opening civ3 this weekend or playing this scenario...
                              Civ3? Whats that?

Comment

Working...
                              X