Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Unit...............

Make a Benito Mussolini Unit
    Were there any airborne units used in Italian Campaign like the 101st or 82nd?

Comment

Oh and also, i find your Up the Deadly Boot scenario very good
      I've played it a couple of times and well i get to Monte Cassino and then will be able to break through but can't advance any farther past rome

Comment

Re: A Unit...............

Originally posted by SunTzu
        Were there any airborne units used in Italian Campaign like the 101st or 82nd?
        82 made combat jumps in Sciliy and at Salerno.
        The British First also made a jump in Sciliy.
        I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
        i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

And at Taranto.
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Didn't the British paratoopers arive at Taranto by sea? I think they marched in unoposed after the Italian surrender.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

You're correct, my mistake. The 1st Airborne landed by sea at Taranto on Sept. 9, 1943, covered by the battleships Howe and King George V.
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
                I didn't know that the canadians were in the Italian Campaign.
                I take it you never saw the movie "the english patient"?

LOTM
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

I take it you never saw the movie "the english patient"?

LOTM
                  No I didn't, I heard that it was a three hour long chick flick so I stayed away from it. Should I watch it? Or am I right?
                  "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Just another couple of questions JPetroski. Do you plan to supply sounds with Boot II? Also, will there be unit cohesion? That is, will the units in this game follow an artistic similiarity a la Nemo's scenarios? (gee I sat for ages trying to express that last question, and it still doesn't look right! ).

These were two of the things that detracted slightly from the original boot scenario. Having no sounds and the units looking like they'd been put together from a number of sources. (Ok, ok. I know your not getting paid for your hard work, and that you do it for the benefit of the CIV community. I shouldn't grumble )

Comment

Re: Boot II

Originally posted by JPetroski
                      Yes I'm making a remake of Up The Deadly Boot... "Boot II" is its title.
                      He's going to finish it.

Comment

Working...
                      X