Question for JPetroski

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for JPetroski

I noticed in another thread that you were creating a Boot II scenario. Forgive my ignorance, but is this a remake of the 'up the deadly boot' scenario about the allied invasion of Italy during WWII? If so, what changes are you making? Do you have a preview page or can you post some in this thread?

I remember I bought MGE just so that I could play the original boot scenario!

Here, Here!!!

Caspian: I was just thinking the same thing. I sent JP an email but he has yet to respond....definitely this sounds interesting ever since I figured out how to beat "Boot" fully!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Re: Question for JPetroski

Originally posted by Caspian
      I remember I bought MGE just so that I could play the original boot scenario!
      I think i ended up buying mge for the same reason, although there might have been a few other scenarios i wanted to play as well.

Comment

Hey Anzac!

i thought the powell quote was this: "Our strategy to go after this army is very, very simple. First we are going to cut it off. And then we are going to kill it." - Gen. Colin Powell, January, 1992

but i could be wrong or he might have said that too.

Comment

Boot II

Yes I'm making a remake of Up The Deadly Boot... "Boot II" is its title.

It features a map made by Harlan Thompson especially for it. I must say, the map is excellant, and it makes for a MUCH larger battle than Boot I's map (which was too small to capture the struggle).

Despite the fact that I've been working on it for several months, I've held back on saying much about it because in the past I've said that I was going to do things, and then not ended up finishing them! Boot II is so far along though, that it seem somewhat safe to talk.

One question: What unit would you most like to see in this scenario? I have one space left...

Thanks for the interest
          John Petroski
          PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

Henschel Hs 293 guided anti-ship missile; or,
            Anzio Annie - 28cm railway gun; or,
            Nebelwerfer - multiple rocket launcher.
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Anzio Annie will be in the scenario... The anti-ship rocket will be too... sorta (I'm thinking about having the Ju88 that carried it, but having it only allowed to attack ships instead).

JP
              John Petroski
              PetroskiJP@hotmail.com

Comment

Hmm, what unit to add to your scenario? There are so many to choose from that I can't think straight right now.

How about the elefant (aka Ferdinand assault gun). I know that after their disasterous show in the Kursk Offensive they were, after extensive overhaul, used mainly in Italy. They proved considerable when used in a defensive role.

Another idea is the Goliath. These were wire/radio controlled mini-tanks packed full of explosives. They were driven up to enemy vehicles or positions and detonated. However, these weapons were never really succesful. The allies captured mountains of the things in Italy. I guess the German high command was n't impressed either.
                Last edited by Caspian; September 18, 2001, 10:30.

Comment

JP, yeah gotta go with a Canadian unit!
                  "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

I didn't know that the canadians were in the Italian Campaign. How about Italian Partisons. Or were there any?
                    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmywax
                      I didn't know that the canadians were in the Italian Campaign. How about Italian Partisons. Or were there any?
                      There were both. From memory, Canada fielded a corps(?) in Italy, and Italian partisans operated against the Germans and ended up in control of much of northern Italy by 1945.
                      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

there were hella Canadians in the Italian campaign! Espically in the invasion of Sicily.
                        "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

H Tower: You're probably right on with what Gen. Powell said

Yep the Canadian I Corps under Burns was there and so was the French Expeditionary Corps under Juin.
                          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

...not to mention the Free Poles, New Zealanders*, Indians, Italians fighting on both sides, etc. The Italian campaign was a truely 'Allied' one.

* I read yesterday that the NZ 2nd Division took 200% casualties in the course of WW2, the highest percentage of any allied division.
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I knew that the poles and the indians did, I just didn't about the others. You never hear anything about them.
                              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Working...
                              X