Plundering Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plundering Problem

I've just done the events file for my Alexander scenario (I merely slipped beneath the space limit) and now face a new problem: Whenever a city is taken, the entire treasury of the civ is plundered. And that's a really dumb thing, because the Macedonians were very poor at the start of the campaign and did definately not plunder the real-life equivalent to 15000 gold by sacking a tiny port in northern Asia Minor.
    Now, how can I terminate that bug without reducing the defending civilization's treasury? is there any way?
    Follow the masses!
    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Well, you can always give them back the money thru a changemoney event.

Comment

I remember this problem from another discussion on one of the forums. The consensus was that this a bug that happens when a city is sacked on turn 1. After that plundering is normal. Assuming that is true perhaps you could work out some work arround. I had this problem in a scenario I made. Ultimately, I started out the victimized tribe with no cash, but that was OK in that situation. That way one of the other tribes did not get unjustly enriched just for being first.

I don't know if fiddling with the turn value would help. It might be that the bug occurs on the first turn rather than turn number 1. If you resort to giving out cash with an event wait until the second turn.
      "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
      --

Comment

Yeah, I think that's the best idea. I'll just decrease the Persian's treasury to zero and give them their gold via events... that should do it, thanks.
        Follow the masses!

Comment

(Completely off-topic comment)

Carl, I've seen you sig so many times already that I can't refarin myself any longer from asking: what does it mean??? In plain English for non-natives please

Comment

Jay Bee.
            This is a quote from Shakespeare's play Henry V said by the character Fluellen who is telling his soldiers to be quiet on the eve of the Battle of Agincourt.

Explanation of Terms

Pompey : Roman General (I assume you knew that)
            Tiddle-taddle : gossip
            Pibble-pabble: childish talk.

In other words, the soldiers in Pompey's camp are quiet. They are well disclinplined.
            "Cease fire! Please! Cease fire. What a dreadful waste of ammunition!" -- General Horatio Herbert Kitchener
            --

Comment

If you can get one minor race to sack another's city before the human players turn, will that solve your problem?
              This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

I don´t know what you had in mind with the changemoney events Stefan... Anyway, as I see it, you can give the Persians 0 money at the start and give them the money you wanted them to have at the start thorugh one changemoney event in the second turn, or perhaps even the first if the Persian turn is after the Macedonian one.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yeah, that's what I came up with. It's propably the best sollution.
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

Working...
                  X