X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention, Achtung: Scenario Search

To those who are looking at this:

I am looking for two scenarios on the web:

Planet of the Apes by ? I found this on some British website and lost the URL for it It wasn't a great scenario, but it had some units and sound clips that I would have liked to have had.

Lord of the Rings by Michael Jezenka I am reading the trilogy now and this scenario comes back into my head. Mike's website has been inoperative for at least one and a half years.

Can anyone tell me the whereabouts of either of these scenarios?

Thanks!
    Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

There´s a Planet of the Apes scenario on CivFanatics by John Valdez: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ2modpk.shtml (last one on this page).
    And are you sure MJ made a LOTR scenario? The only one I know isy Harlan Thompson. The wherabouts of this scenario are a little vague. CSC offers version 3, the Apolyton database has version 4 and, as far as I know, my site is still the only site that has version 4.1 (no sounds though). Version 4.1 is here: http://gene.wins.uva.nl/~jvermeir/ci....htm#fictional
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm with Mercator on this one. Mike J. has never done LOTR. The one and only good LOTR was made by Harlan T. a long time ago. Somebody else updated it but I heard that the final result wasn't as good as the original. I can't certify that cos I never got to play the revised version.

Perhaps v 4.1 is the one I'm talking about. Check the readme to make sure!

Comment

4.1 Is certainly no revised one. It fixes some minor "bugs" in version 4, not sure what exactly again.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Besides Harlans' version (still one of the best scenarios ever made), there was Gothmogs' "Dark Lord" and Ian Thompsons' LOTR, made for ToT, in 3 dimensions. It's available on the Cradle of Civilization http://coc.apolyton.net/ , now hosted by Apolyton!
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Oh yeah, I see where I got mixed up I saw Harlan Thompson's LOTR ON Michael Jezenka's site. BTW what happened to it?

Mercator: Thanks for the Planet of the Apes but I doubt it is the smae one I'm talking about It was on a REALLY backwards one-page British site. Thanks everyone for the info!
            Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Well, I just tried "Planet of the Apes" on Google and that´s what it came up with. I didn´t know the scenario, to be honest.

Comment

Working...
              X