No announcement yet.

Age of Constantine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This scenario is now up at the Spanish Civ Site. An outstanding piece of work imho

Comment

Many Thanks

Thank you J. Balsinde, I hope the scenario adds to the quality of that excellent web site. Now to get working on a new version of 'The Age of Arturius'.
      MRP

Comment

Masis, that's a very nice scenario. I really like the map and the way you've implimented the road network and slave camps - you've clearly put a lot of thought into the scenario, and done a lot of research, and it really pays off.

BTW, you wouldn't believe how tempted I am to use this picture as my Atavar
        Attached Files
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Many Thanks Case

However, today I purchased an Osprey book about the Late Roman Army.
          It shows a lot of interesting depictions of the costumes of the period, this can be implemented in a later version.
          One 'bug' I found in the scenario is that the GIVETECHNOLOGY event formula does not work, even though the DEBUG program did not find any errors...
          That means that Constantine does not gain the Christian Faith tech!

However, The Pope appears in Rome.
          Engineers appear to found New Rome/Constantinople.

And in history the Age of Constantine saw no supression of Pagan beliefs and he was baptised on his death bed to cleanse himself of worldly sins...

Comment

Masis, very nice scenario. GIVETECHNOLOGY events have been used successfully in dozens of scenarios, so there must be something that can be fixed. Are you sure that no one else has this tech or can research it? Why don't you post the event (and related ones) here?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Event

Originally posted by techumseh
              Masis, very nice scenario. GIVETECHNOLOGY events have been used successfully in dozens of scenarios, so there must be something that can be fixed. Are you sure that no one else has this tech or can research it? Why don't you post the event (and related ones) here?
              Thank you for the comment, have you completed it? If so how did it go?
              This is the Event...

@IF
              TURN
              Turn=14
              @THEN
              TEXT
              On Route to defeat Maxentius once and for all, Constantine sees a radiant image in the sky like a Greek X (chi) and P (rho) and the words 'Hoc Vince' (with This conquer)...
              ENDTEXT
              GIVETECHNOLOGY
              receiver=Romans
              technology=30
              @ENDIF

MRP

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by Case
                Masis, that's a very nice scenario. I really like the map and the way you've implimented the road network and slave camps - you've clearly put a lot of thought into the scenario, and done a lot of research, and it really pays off.

BTW, you wouldn't believe how tempted I am to use this picture as my Atavar
                In my rush to produce these Roman era scenarios I clearly did not put enough thought into them...
                4 bothces you will note.

The Germans have been given a Mediteranean style city-this is replaced with the intended style, a Germanic style!
                Scroll down the Wonders of the World and you will come across the word @Diplomat, this is from the Game text!
                In the intro to the scenario the recommded players says Maximian when in fact it should be Mexentius.
                The Magister Militum unit was too stron on defence so I made it a little weaker.

The amendments are attached to download and replace the old files with.

The scenario would be very tough at Diety level, it is intended to be fun and a learning exercise-play it at a moderate level.
                Attached Files
                MRP

Comment

Working...
                X