Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Constantine

New version coming (very) soon...
    In the meantime feast your eyes on this selection of units selected/made by me.

They are...
    Unique unit= Constantine
    Garrison
    Legion, maybe it will become a Unique unit
    Germanic infantry
    Light cavalry
    Imperial cavalry
    Balista
    Longboat
    Trireme
    Unique unit= Persian Shah
    Foederatti
    Unique unit= Magister Militum
    Unique unit= Western Tetrarch
    Unique unit= Eastern Tetrarch
    Unique unit= Pope
    Attached Files
    MRP

Enough?

Currently there is 189 turns in the scenario, but I am not sure if that is enough!
    Last edited by Masis; August 5, 2001, 00:28.
    MRP

Comment

The Title

The man to the top left is the Western Dyarch Maxentius below him is the Arch of Constantine, the man to the top right is the Eastern Dyarch Licinius below him is a map of Constantine's "New Rome" with the buildings that existed/were built during his time, in the middle is Constantine with the Chi Rho monogram above him.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Masis; August 11, 2001, 23:33.
      MRP

Comment

The Players

The civs included are...

Romans (Constantine)
        Persians (Shapur II)
        Germans (Ermanerikh)
        Romans (Licinius)
        Romans (Maxentius)
        Armenians (Tiridates)
        Huns (Atilla)
        MRP

Comment

Quote for the scenario...

"With such impiety pervading the human race, and the State* threatened with destruction, what relief did God devise?....I was the instrument He chose...Thus, beginning at the remote Ocean of Britain, where the sun sinks beneath the horizon in obedience to the law of nature, with God's help I banished and eliminated every form of evil then pervading, in the hope that the human race, enlightened through me, might be recalled to a proper observance of God's holy laws." Constantine the Great, quoted by Eusebius, De Vita Constantini, II 28
          * The Roman State or Romania
          MRP

Comment

The Plot

Here is the Plot of the scenario...
            Attached Files
            MRP

Comment

sorry, i can't help you right now with your Title.bmp. Ask Bernd... he's a master in doing such things.

PS less desert on northern Caucasian and Kazakh region, Masis. Add more forests in southern russia ( and just a little more in Carpathian basin, too ).
              Last edited by Prometeus; July 25, 2001, 16:48.
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

OKYDOKY

It was not my map originally, but that of Joaquin Vano Gea.
                Hmmm, yes, maybe if I make the north Caucasus fertile this will encourage Hun expansion...
                MRP

Comment

... and more forests in southern russia will encourage their trek to West.
                  "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                  "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                  "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Black Gate unit

Here is a new Unique unit, the Porta Nigra (Black Gate), to be based at Augusta Treverorum (Trier)...
                    Attached Files
                    MRP

Comment

Snap Shot

Here is a zoomed-in image of the starting scene as Constantine lands in Gaul to do battle against the usurper Maxentius. The city of Londinium is shown as is the city of Lutetia...
                      Attached Files
                      MRP

Comment

Difficulty levels

Duke (Easiest)
                        Count
                        Patrician
                        Consul
                        Caesar
                        Augustus (Hardest)
                        MRP

Comment

Very cool!
                          You're probably finishing the scenario, when will it be done?

Comment

Anticipating...

Originally posted by Juggler
                            Very cool!
                            You're probably finishing the scenario, when will it be done?
                            Well, I was going to post the likely release date of it, and as you ask...
                            Things to be done still;

Pedia info for wonders
                            People icons for Germans and Huns
                            Some more events

1 more day.

Probably released tomorrow to Das Civilization Universum, Apolyton Scenario League, Spanish Civilization II Site and later (when Tom's back from Holiday) The European Civilization II Site, and any other decent sites out there...

Sounds great eh, nope-have to create 3 more scenarios of higher quality (Age of Romulus, Caesar's Gallic War and Age of Aurelian), edit Age of Justinian, Age of Heraklius and fix the Age of Osman sceanrio before Jan 2002 at the latest!
                            MRP

Comment

RELEASED!

Finished of on Monday, sent of today! (Due to time free from work)

At Das Civilization II Universum , Spanish Civilization II Site , European Civilzation II Site and Ambra's Scenario World .
                              Last edited by Masis; August 11, 2001, 23:28.
                              MRP

Comment

Working...
                              X