Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scenario made

Originally posted by Prometeus
    Byzantine studies' homepage. Check out their art section... terrific!!!
    Thanks Prometeus, I have been to that site before and e-mailed Paul as to why the correct term Romaion is not mentioned in the site only to have as a reply that apparently 'Byzantium' was the term used by the 'Byzantines' and why should Taiwan be called the Republic of China....I was not talking about Taiwan......In Mosaics right to the last Emperors of Constantine I New Rome they all all depicted as Great Rulers and Autocrats of the Romans. Romanos Diogenes who led his army to defeat at Manazkert should therefore be renamed 'Byzantinos' Diogenes? These web sites are hardly scholarly!

Made the scenario, a replica of the plot, but certain units designated for the Osmali have not materialised. For example the Sipa and Light cavalry unit requires Sultanate (Communism) to be made available. The Osmali are now under a Sultanate government but these units are not there! The Yeniseri is though, it too requires Sultanate.
    Wonder what's happening...
    Is it to do with the size of the scenario map and city numbers?
    MRP

Comment

New Icons

Here are the selected/made icons for Age of Osman...

Fountain = Aqueduct
      Watermill = Dam
      Sufi Teke = Research Lab.
      Column of Constantine = Colossus
      Genoese Tower = Lighthouse
      Vlachernai Palace = Great Library
      Isfahan Mosque = Sun Tzu's War Academy
      Citadel = King Richard's Crusade
      'Cannon Gate' Palace = Marco Polo's Embassy
      Tower of Samarra = Copernicus Observatory
      Jelaludin's Tomb = Shakespeare's Theatre
      Conquerer's Mosque = Adam Smith's Trading Co.
      Knights Complex = Darwin's Voyage
      Osmali Tombs = Eiffel Tower
      Selim's Mosque = Womens' Suffrage
      Piri Reis Map = Apollo Program

2 New Wallpaper gifs based on Osmali decorations in Topkapi Saray (Cannon Gate Palace)

So?
      Attached Files
      MRP

Comment

Really nice!!!

From good to better things... keep goin' on this way, Masis!!!

PS I created - ripped - adapted -whateveryouwanttocallthis from AoK and Cossacks a couple of units for my Gok blue scenario ( a byzantine tower and an Hagia Sophia " first version" pic ) ... Interested in? Unfortunately, I'm leaving and i'll be back only on Sunday evening. So...
        Last edited by Prometeus; July 14, 2001, 09:04.
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Gok preview...

Darn! Can't do attachments on edited post... Awwww, nevermind...

Still a bit unrefined, but i think it's good enough for my purposes...

Suggestions?

( PS I forgot to say in my previous post.... I used Hagia Sophia Ist and IInd version in my cities design also... )...
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Prometeus; July 14, 2001, 09:24.
          "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
          "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

'azzarola!!!!

Hmmm... no more than one for post... darn ... ahem, the unrefined "Gok blue" cities.gif.
            Attached Files

Comment

Haghia Sophia

The third Haghia Sophia city style is good, take of the turrets from the fourth one though if the scenario is set before the Osmali take-over of the city...
              Have you anything in mind to replace the airbase or fortress gif?
              There are some Nomad city styles available, have you seen them?

Have a safe journey and see you around on Sunday night.
              Last edited by Masis; July 14, 2001, 21:00.
              MRP

Comment

Osmali era Rich Man people gif.

Here is a new gif to represent the rich man people gif, edited from the Romaio rich man people gif...
                Playtesting the scenario workings, as the Romans of course, drove out the Franks from the city of Patras but the Osmali are having a field day in Thracia! Trying to keep them seperated from Anatolia via the Gallipolis straits...
                Attached Files
                MRP

Comment

Re: Haghia Sophia

Originally posted by Masis
                  The third Haghia Sophia city style is good, take of the turrets from the fourth one though if the scenario is set before the Osmali take-over of the city...
                  Have you anything in mind to replace the airbase or fortress gif?
                  There are some Nomad city styles available, have you seen them?

Have a safe journey and see you around on Sunday night.
                  Hagia Sophia : thanx for the tip. I'll edit my Bizantine city stile

Nomads' cities: i dunno... for all that i know, only me and Stefan Hartel created a nomadic city stile...

I have no intention to use airbases as i did in Antigonos, but i used this pic to perform Central Asia mud-walled fortress...
                  Attached Files

Comment

My nomads' cities style from my very first Gok blue scen. Nomads are Turks and Je-ta - White Huns - Eftalites...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Prometeus; July 17, 2001, 17:32.

Comment

NICE!

Originally posted by Prometeus
                      My nomads' cities style from my very first Gok blue scen. Nomads are Turks and Je-ta - White Huns - Eftalites...
                      The Gok Blue and Ephalite city styles are really nice, great work!

Might start updating and release the Age of Constantine first as it is essentially pre-made.
                      MRP

Comment

Quote for the scenario...

I chose this one , do you think it is biased on the Roman side?...

"The plain [whence we are encamped] is deserted, as a result of the flight of its inhabitants to the woods, the caves and the mountain-tops as they tried to flee from what they are unable to escape: slaughter that is inhuman and savage and without any formality of justice. No one is spared-neither women, children, the sick nor the aged...There are many cities in these regions, but they lack the one thing without which they can never be true cities; they have no people...And when I ask the names of the cities, the answer is always 'we have destroyed these places and time has destroyed their names'...What is indeed unbearable for me is that I am fighting beside these people when to add to their strength is to diminish our own."
                        ^^Emperor Manuel II writing to Demetrios Kydonis about being forced to fight with the Osmali Sultan in his campaigns circa 1391AD.
                        MRP

Comment

Perhaps, just a little... Why don't you use a double texts intro? One for every side...

PS A quote for Osmanoghullari

"Who are you, and how do you dare to menace us?" - Yildrim Bajazid Sultan to Timur-lenk embassador, before Ankara's battle in 1405.

Comment

To release or not to release?

The version at the moment only permits the Romans to play. Great if you want to reverse history at destroy the enemies of Romania...
                            Really though a fully working bug-free version should be made available soon...

Playtested it and wiped out the Osmali! Though I had not expected it even at Chieftain level what with the tough Su-Bashi and Janiseri units to combat...even now the Aegean islands are a no-go zone being held by Italian governors and Latin knights...I shall not bother with Rhodos and its Knights of St. John.
                            The Catalans were defeated and driven from Achia.
                            But the Persians are swarming in with their Mongol hordes...
                            Allied later with Serbia and made war against the Bulgars, they now have the remote north-western region and Wallachia as a refuge.
                            The kingdom of Georgia was destroyed by the Persian hordes.
                            A 'global warming' (due to plagued areas left from the Black Death) occured which halted the Roman recovery turning fertile regions into swamps!

Here is a shot of the game mentioned...
                            Attached Files
                            MRP

Comment

Working...
                            X