No announcement yet.

New Scenario: The United Irishmen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warvoid, Case, Grothgar, I've e-mailed each of you the revised events and rules files. Case, I got the mountains you sent me too. They're ace!

Grothgar, your success is unprecedented! I hope that the other playtesters aren't finding it quite as easy. If they are, I guess it's back to the drawing board!

Kull, I also sent you the title picture. I hope you have more luck with it than I had!
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

From the Diary of Liutenant Wolf Tone

Fortnight 72:

Tonight our Valiant Troops Captured The City of Belfast in a seige that has lasted many months. I had begun to despair of even taking the city as our supply lines were constantly hamstrung by the British Navy which has been a thorn in our side since the beginning. The French Government has promised us more aid to rid the British Pestilance from our land. The City was taken with a prelude of massed artillery fire and then the charging of the horses sounded like thunder in my ears. I estimate 12 divisions of cavalry were lost in this attack and many artillery divisions were wrecked from counter battery fire from the British Guns. Our French Allies having marched across most of the country arived just in time to seal the blow and now i am writing from within Belfast. Elsewhere in the battle against the Vile British All the cities in ireland up to the River Lagan have been taken by our troops. Enniskillen, Ballyshannon, Brookborough, Portadown all have been taken in this Fortnight. The British government have delievered a message of peace to give all of ireland that i have taken as mine but that all of Ireland that the british have to be called "Northen Ireland" and to be run from London. I intend to rebuke this and carry on my momentum and hopefully invade england after all of ireland is Free!.
      Hail Ireland!!!!!

Anyway so im going pretty well. Warvoid i got your email but there was no attached files it was all in text so i couldnt download that so could you send it again please Maybe if cavalry is downgraded like you say it is it will make my expansionistic properties a bit more difficult to realise we shall see we shall see

Its a really good scenario by the way
      Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Kull, I received the picture. It's working fine now, thanks!

I have just finished writing the second events and rules files as well as the batch file to swap them all. Whether they will be needed is another thing, as Grothgar has managed to conquer most of the country within the first part of the scenario. So I'm looking for a way to redress the balance of the scenario. As far as I can see there are two solutions to the problem. (1) I can beef up the statistics of the British units in the rules or (2) I can use the events to give the British more money per turn allowing them to build units faster. Any opinions on which idea is better?

Comment

From The Diary Of General Wolfe Tone

I write today on the eve of the year 1800. I think it may be 1801 now as i am writing well past midnight. The night was full of heady celebrations. Word has reached me that the City of Coleraine has fallen to my french allies. What a blessing they have been in this fight for ireland. Today the british government Offered me a peace agreement recognizing my rule of the entire nation of ireland. My dream has come true but we must remain ever vigillant for the trecherous brittish but we have beaten them in battle and have won the war. The british were especially tenacious about holding onto the northern part of ireland but our gallant troops have forced them from various strongpoints. The city of Ballymena was especially well fought and i admire the british for that fight. About 20 divisons of cavalry and 10 infantry divisions were decimated in the assult on the city. I despair every night about the cost of this war. But now it seems it has all been worth it. The dead are being remembered in vast grave sites around ireland and we will have a celebration every year to mark this moment.
          VIVA IRELAND!!!

Right as for what you should do to stop people emulating this feat you should give the british more money because if you increase the stats of the british it will be impossible. You have already decreased the strength of the Cavalry which is what my entire strategy is based on. Can you send me the rules file again and events because i got them in a dodgy text format rather than the actual attachments. But dont give up just because of me. I think the cavalry will be enough to slow me down

Any way it really is a good scenario. I like it

Hope you make many more!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Originally posted by our_man
            As far as I can see there are two solutions to the problem. (1) I can beef up the statistics of the British units in the rules or (2) I can use the events to give the British more money per turn allowing them to build units faster. Any opinions on which idea is better?
            In my opinion the scenario isn't too easy (I didn't do half as well as Grothgar). What you could do is reduce the United Irishmen's money flow, and downgrade the effectiveness of thier artillery.
            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

I'm sending out the (almost) finished article now. New stuff has been included for the second part, and the rules and events for the first part have been changed as already described above. Hope you all like the second part as much as you liked the first.

Comment

OK, I guess no news is good news and the second part of the scenario played just fine. If there is anything else that should be done to improve the scenario, could you please tell me as I plan to release it pretty soon (just have to add a few big thankyou's to the credits ).

Comment

Yep release this scen I have managed to conquer ireland again but it was a lot harder this time. The cavalry was still my mainstay but i had to rely on artillery and such which mean it took longer to conquer cities because my cavalry didnt have the strength. The second part of the scen was a bit of trouble because the british get a lot more units but luckily i had enough of ireland to get rid of them. I also took the british city on the map so i managed to destroy the british!!
                  But still release it maybe i just have a natural goodness on this scen

Thanx for letting me playtest it

Comment

Working...
                  X