No announcement yet.

Call for Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry Jay Bee, i should have checked the list better... An almogaveres scenario? I have a lot of projects working, and time is tirant... maybe .
    "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
    "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
    "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Well, if you are not such a fan of WW2 scenarios why not take a look at my Byzantine Scenario I made a while back? Self-promotion isn't really my thing but what the heck!

It's called "Death and Resurrection of an Empire" or for short just "Daroae". Can be found on my website and should alsp be somewhere in Apolyton Database.

------------------
      Mathias' Civ II Page
      http://members.nbci.com/thalys
      The Lost Geologist Blog
      http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Civ 2 dying out? With you fellas making these great scenarios it won't.

There are many great scenarios. I am in the process of playing the best ones.

Currently, I am playing Paul Cullivan's "Ancient Empires". I am a real ancient history fan, and this scenario is wonderful! The music, sound effects and graphics are top notch. The sound of a legion attacking the enemy is terrific. The tech tree makes you feel like you are progressing through ancient research. This is one of my all-time favourite scenarios. It just has that well-designed feel about it.

If you haven't played it yet, you don't know what you're missing.

I hope Paul designs more scenarios like this one

------------------
        Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
        That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Yes, Hendrik´s DAROAE is very good!

George and Stefan, thanks for the nominations.

And I also hope that civ2 doesn´t die out so soon...

------------------
          Civ2000
          Blah

Comment

I don't think Civ2 will die out if we just keep it alive. Even if at the end we're just 20 old guys and people ask "you actually lived in the age of Clinton??"
            -heck! If it's still fun to us, who cares?
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Jay, yes, I know how to get around the Geocities thing.

I just sent you the Puerto Rico scen to the address you provided. Hope you like it.

Yes, it's sort of fiction, Clinton REALLY IS an ass, so if he remained president maybe we finally would get sick of his crap and secede.

Comment

He, he, do not get mad at me, but I liked Clinton...
                have you ever heard the song "Que bonita bandera"?

Tanslated into English it says more or less: "what a beautiful flag is the flag of Puerto Rico. But it would be much more beautiful if the Yankee flag wasn't so similar"

I have heard Mr Ricky Martin himself singing it on TV (although he was doing it only for fun, no political intentions intended).

That song could fit excellently well in your scenario. Perhaps any of your friends can provide you with it.

Comment

Napster.

I liked Clinton too.
                  Follow the masses!

Comment

Arghhh! The infamous DP!!
                    [This message has been edited by Kull (edited January 06, 2001).]
                    To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

JB: Since Leonidas was nice enough to praise them first, perhaps a couple of Ancient Empires scenarios may be worthy of inclusion in your expanded folder!

Here's something else you might consider. Why not increase your archive by linking it to the Silver Fleece winners? For example, ask each winner to name the best scenario he's created (and maybe even WHY he thinks this), and then post those. That way your new archive won't be just one more, "me too" random grouping of scenarios.

Leonidas: Out of curiosity, are you playing "End of the Bronze Age" or "Seeds of Greatness"?
                      To La Fayette, as fine a gentleman as ever trod the Halls of Apolyton

From what I understand of that Civ game of yours, it's all about launching one's own spaceship before the others do. So this is no big news after all: my father just beat you all to the stars once more. - Philippe Baise

Comment

Kull: I'm playing "End of the Bronze Age". I'm playing as Egypt, and I have already whipped those nasty Assyrians and have taken out the whimpy Hittites. I'm in the process of invading the Greek mainland now. (I'm playing past the game's scenario time limit - can't get enough of this scenario).

I hope you make more scenarios like this one. You obviously have a real love for your subject matter and it shows.

How about the Peloponnesian Wars or the Greek/Persian Wars next time?

I especially liked the progession in armour/weapon research, ie: progress form Chariot I through to Chariot IV. The graphics for each of these progressive stages were very nice. For each added level, an extra horse was added. When those Chariot IVs, with those four horses start to ride across the desert landscape, they are truly something to behold.

The same goes for the other weapon progressions, especially the legions. Those legion IVs with the banner and gold are beautiful.

Do you have anything else planned for the near future?

I also wanted to add that I will be playing many of the scenarios that have been designed by you other scenario designers; I am looking forward to playing all the best ones. I am especialy looking forward to playing Stefan Hartel's scenarios, who obviously love's ancient history as well

------------------

Comment

quote:

I also wanted to add that I will be playing many of the scenarios that have been designed by
                          you other scenario designers; I am looking forward to playing all the best ones. I am
                          especialy looking forward to playing Stefan Hartel's scenarios, who obviously love's ancient
                          history as well

That is an understatement
                          I don't really recommend Quest1&2. These will be remade in a matterof time. I recommend "Darius", "Artaxerxes", "3d Punic War" and "Pharaoh".
                          Follow the masses!

Comment

Stefan: Thanks for the recommendations. I was going to ask you which scenarios were your favourites. I note that I already have them, and will be playing them very soon. I'm looking forward to it

------------------

Comment

I nominate:
                              (Sorry if they are already in.
                              They are good, they should be...):
                              All my future scenarios
                              (somebody must remember about me)
                              River War by A.Höfelt
                              Timur by M.Eklund
                              Mughals by S.Haertel
                              Daroe by M.Köster
                              Orbis Terrae by J.Vermeiren
                              And perhaps Imperium Romanum by B.Brosing.
                              I ahevn't played it all through, not minding
                              that I'm playing old version; but so far, very nice.
                              And of course, all my future scenarios
                              (somebody must remember about me)

Comment

In my infinite humbleness I nominate Fictional Americas and urge everyone to playtest Imperial Ambition.

------------------
                                St. Leo
                                http://www.sidgames.com/hosted/ziggurat/
                                http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                                Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X