Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, if everybody's got a secret project, then here's mine... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fiera, for the flag of the Holy Roman Empire you can use a black eagle on yellow ground. This was used by the Staufer, an old German family of aristokrats (many medieval Geman kings/HRE emperors were from this family, for instance Friedrich I. "Barbarossa").

I think in some flag collections are such flags.
    Blah

Comment

Yeah, thanks. At the beginning of my scn, the Emperor was Friedrich II. I believe he came from that family, but aren't they called the 'Hohenstaufen'?
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Don't forget to put in Sardinia the Arborea's family... Why you spaniards always forget about the over one hundred year wars to conquer Sardinia ?

P.S.
        My mother's family surname is Fois, so... great work, JGV.
        P.P.S.
        Glad i could help you in your Pizarro project...
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Hi, there, Prometeus!

I was looking forward to your opinion on my project! I'm not forgetting about Sardinia... there will be four cities in it, all of them Objectives, and I plan to make its conquest very hard...

So you come from a Catalonian family, don't you? I think you'll find very interesting to play my scn as the Aragonese...
          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Fiera, what platform is this going to be available on? MGE? FW?
            Please Visit:
            http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Oops! Forgot to say that!

It will be FW. I guess most people will be able to open it.
              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

After nearly two day of system chrashes and slooow net connections I´m happy to be back here at Apolyton...

Fiera, great to hear that the scn is for FW
                For the emperor´s family they use in some history books the expression the "Staufer", I think it´s a short form of the title "von Hohenstaufen", so it is the same name (but I´m not completely sure about that)

------------------
                Civ2000
                Blah

Comment

Hi, BeBro, good to see you're back!

Yes, they must be the same family. It's just that I never had heard 'Staufer' before.

I've took your Empire flag from Cross&Crescent, as well as your French flag, which were both very good. I hope you don't mind.
                  [This message has been edited by Fiera (edited August 29, 2000).]
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

The flags were only a bit modified by me, but I have forgotten where I found them, so I can´t credit the creator (at first I thought it was J.Balsinde, but I´m not sure...) but, however, this person hasn´t complained about the use of these flags until now, so you probably have the permission...

------------------
                    Civ2000
                    [This message has been edited by BeBro (edited August 29, 2000).]
                    Blah

Comment

Hi there again!
                      I'm sorry but I've spent most of this week studying for my exam and I haven't been able to reach a playtesteable stage yet.

I still have to do all the events and the pedia but it won't be long, so... stay tuned!
                      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Fiera on 08-28-2000 06:42 PM
                        So you come from a Catalonian family, don't you? I think you'll find very interesting to play my scn as the Aragonese...

Hmmm... after what Aragonese kings did to my family, probably not.

[This message has been edited by Prometeus (edited September 09, 2000).]
                        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig

Comment

OK, then you can always play as the Castilians and kick those Aragonese in the ass...

Update note: I'm working on the last details of the scn now that I have free time. Hope it will be available very soon.
                          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Good news, Fiera. Can´t wait to play it!

------------------
                            Civ2000
                            Blah

Comment

Why not? After all, i can do to Aragonese sims the same thing my ancestors did to them...

Comment

Working...
                              X