Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, if everybody's got a secret project, then here's mine... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, if everybody's got a secret project, then here's mine... ;)

Hi, there, everybody!

As you'll quickly see, I've been very 'busy' these weeks... I've realized that my Pizarro scn still needs a lot of work, and I decided to work on an interesting and easier idea that I had before. Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to all those who have helped me with the Pizarro thing (Hendrik the Great, Prometeus, Alinestra Covelia, Jesús Balsinde...) Thank you all!

What is this new project all about? A few hints...

First of all, I decided to follow St.Leo's advice, and therefore designing my city icons with an isometric perspective. Here's what I've came up with...

A geographical hint now: the game map.

Plus a unit icon that will be there: the Almogavers.

More previews and some questions for you very soon...
    "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
    - Spiro T. Agnew

I have created a legacy.

Looks great.
    Please Visit:
    http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Thanks, and I hope that you're not annoyed for my 'stealing' of your secret project system...

I think it's a great way to introduce upcoming scenarios to the community...
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Annoyed? Not at all.
        Please Visit:
        http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

I agree- looks great. From the cities I'd guess the reconquista in Spain or Italian city states.
          "The free market is ugly and stupid, like going to the mall; the unfree market is just as ugly and just as stupid, except there is nothing in the mall and if you don't go there they shoot you." - P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Hmmm... yes, EC, very near!

It will deal with both of them in some way.
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Some time before the Reconquista? Has it to do with Genoa?

------------------
              Mathias' Civ II Page
              http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
              The Lost Geologist Blog
              http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Not before, but during the Reconquista...

Genoa, Pisa and even Venezia will be there, but they won't actually be the 'center' of the scn.
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Looks very good.

And "during the Reconquista" sounds like one more high quality medieval scn!
                  Blah

Comment

Thanks a lot! And yes, you've almost got it!

Check tonight (European Time) for a deeper preview...
                    - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

About the map only two words: Im pezionante

That guy is most likely an Almogaver, right If so, that would be a superb idea. I have been bugging in the past you-know-who with this idea but he was never very responsive.

About Pizarro, I really think you still should finish that one asap
                      HAIL THE HEROES!

Francesco Toldo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Iuliano, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Pessotto, Demetrio Albertini, Antonio Conte, Angelo Di Livio, Stefano Fiore, Luigi di Biagio, Gianluca Zambrotta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Piero, Marco Delvecchio, Francesco Totti,

GRAZIE GIOCATORI!!!

----
                      CATENACCIO PRINCIPIO QUASI GENIALE

Comment

Ooops (great embarrasment).

I read your post again and noticed that you yourself had recognized that the pic represented an almogaver.

Anyway, that tells you that the pic is very good.

About the map again... wouldn't have you needed more of Greece on it?

Why do not you open a thread about this in the Spanglish Forum?
                        HAIL THE HEROES!

Francesco Toldo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Iuliano, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Pessotto, Demetrio Albertini, Antonio Conte, Angelo Di Livio, Stefano Fiore, Luigi di Biagio, Gianluca Zambrotta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Piero, Marco Delvecchio, Francesco Totti,

GRAZIE GIOCATORI!!!

----
                        CATENACCIO PRINCIPIO QUASI GENIALE

Comment

¡Muchas gracias, Beto!

Yes, the Almogavers are in too, that's easy to see... But, once again, they are not the main protagonists... That's why Greece is not included on the map. Maybe that disappoints you, but the scn will have a wider point of view...

And, yes, I will open a thread about this at the Spanglish Forum... very soon. Thanks again for your feedback!

P.S: Que mal el Madrid, eh?
                          [This message has been edited by Fiera (edited August 26, 2000).]
                          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Hi, again!

Here's how the game will look like, more or less...

The border picture is a decisive hint, especially for Benedetti and any other Spanish out there... Want more? OK, the undisputed protagonists of the game will be the white and the yellow civs...

The game will take 250 turns, each turn makes a year, and there will be some important techs to be researched, but I won't probably use every tech slot. I have to think about it, and I would like your help for that... I plan to allow obtaining techs by conquest, and my wish is to make research time as realistic as possible...

So, well, Secret Project almost revealed...
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Templars and Hospitalers play a role here? That´s the kind of scn I like...
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X