Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, if everybody's got a secret project, then here's mine... ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Castilian Civil War uh? (Pedro the Cruel vs the Trastamaras)
    HAIL THE HEROES!

Francesco Toldo, Fabio Cannavaro, Marco Iuliano, Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Gianluca Pessotto, Demetrio Albertini, Antonio Conte, Angelo Di Livio, Stefano Fiore, Luigi di Biagio, Gianluca Zambrotta, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Piero, Marco Delvecchio, Francesco Totti,

GRAZIE GIOCATORI!!!

----
    CATENACCIO PRINCIPIO QUASI GENIALE

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by BeBro on 08-26-2000 05:23 PM
      Templars and Hospitalers play a role here? That´s the kind of scn I like...

Hmm, no, sorry! The brown crusaders are supposed to be Santiago (St.James) Order knights... and the white ones... yeah, they are intended to be templars, but in the game will be simply called Crusaders...

Beto,

once again you seem to be very near... But the Castilian Civil War didn't take 250 years long, did it?

[This message has been edited by Fiera (edited August 26, 2000).]
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Santiago order, is that a special Spanish knight´s order? I´m irritated by the addition St James. This sounds a bit like the Order of St. John (= the Hospitalers)...

------------------
        Civ2000
        Blah

Comment

Fiera: project looks very, very great.
          Please Visit:
          http://aow.apolyton.net

And contribute if you can!

Comment

Yes, it's a Spanish chivalric order. It was created in honour of Apostle Santiago (or St.Jakob auf Deutsch), which is the patron saint of Spain.

They wore brown clothes, with a red sword-shaped cross on their chest, and they played a very important role on the Reconquista, so theyt sure had to be in my scn. Nothing more to do with the order of St.John...

Edit: didn't see your post, Polaris. Thank you very much!!!
            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I am no spaniard but if I'm right that border features the kastilian and catalonian flags.
              So I assume the scenario is about the unification of Spain, is it?

------------------
              Mathias' Civ II Page
              http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
              [This message has been edited by Hendrik the Great (edited August 26, 2000).]
              The Lost Geologist Blog
              http://lostgeologist.blogspot.com

Comment

Yes, you've hit it!

In fact, my scn will depict the rise of the christian kingdoms of Castile and Aragon (which included Catalonia), from 1229 to 1479. That very year Castile and Aragon were unified under the same rule by the Catholic Kings, who thus created the base of the modern Spanish state.

At that time Castile was the largest, and maybe powerful, reign of the Iberian Peninsula, while Aragon had extended all over the Mediterranean, creating a military and economical empire which included the Balear Isles, Sardinia, Sicily, and the kingdom of Naples (half Italy, BTW). So that's what my project is all about, and its name could be no other than...

Castile & Aragon

So a prize for you, Mathias!
                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

What do I get, what do I get?!? Money, fame, a place in the history books?

No, to be serious. When do you expect to be finished with it?
                  You are going to finish Pizarro, aren't you?

------------------
                  Mathias' Civ II Page
                  http://members.xoom.com/thalys/index.html
                  The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

Hmm, I must think of it... maybe you'll win the right to help me with this scn! No, but seriously again, it's good to see you recognized the Castilian and Catalonian flags... That was impressive!

I think I will be finished next friday, but you never can tell... Actually, I have an exam next saturday!

And, yes, I want to end the Pizarro scn, but I want to make it good, which means making a lot of graphical work (for the 'terrazas', do you remember?)...

- Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

So that class trip to Barcelona was good for something after all!

Good luck with your exam! I still have a few weeks before that starts again for me.

>And, yes, I want to end the Pizarro scn, >but I want to make it good, which means >making a lot of graphical work (for the >'terrazas', do you remember?)...

That's why I nevedr bothered about it... :-)
                      The Lost Geologist Blog

Comment

Thank you, but I don't need luck, I just need to study...

OK, and now, more Castile & Aragon:

These will be the seven Civs:

-Castilians
                        -Aragonese
                        -Navarre (or Navarrese? I'm not quite sure)
                        -Portuguese
                        -Muslims (yes, they go altogether)
                        -French
                        -The Holy Roman Empire (this will actually include all Italy at the beginning of the game, the Papal States too)

Independent and rebellious Italian city states such as Venice, Milan or Florence will be Barbarians, and thus the Empire will always be trying to reconquer them...

Barbarians will also be used for rebel noblemen of Castile and Aragon... I will try to make them one of the biggest concerns for the human player...

I will use objective victory, of course. Wonders will count as objectives, and only a few wonders will be built at the beginning of the game. As I said before, there will be 250 turns, enough time to make things with patience. In fact, I'm afraid that the game may seem a bit slow at the beginning, but it's supposed to be challenging and realistic.

Oh, I almost forgot this: the muslim horsemen is not mine, as some of you may have already realized... I've 'borrowed' it from Jesús Balsinde.

Which reminds me that I don't have any ships yet... BeBro, may I use some of yours? Please?

Hmm, long post... I'll keep you updated.
                        [This message has been edited by Fiera (edited August 27, 2000).]
                        - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

My ships await your orders, Sire... (means simply: yes!)

------------------
                          Civ2000
                          Blah

Comment

Thank you!

The ones I'm going to use seemed to be specially designed for my scenario... no others could fit better!
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

First of all, I decided to follow St.Leo's advice, and therefore designing my city icons with an isometric perspective.

Those are amazing.

------------------
                              St. Leo
                              http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                              http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I should have tried it before, in fact it's much easier than I thought and I'm very pleased with the results. Thanks for your wise advice, St. Leo!

And now a question for Middle Ages experts: what was the flag of the Holy Roman Empire at the 13th/14th Century like? I have no clue... Did it depend on who the Emperor was?
                                - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Working...
                                X