English version finished - need tester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• English version finished - need tester

Cross & Crescent, the English version of Kreuz & Halbmond is now finished, but before I release it, it would be nice to have one or two testers for this version (needs Fantastic Worlds).

Is there someone who could:

1.)testplay the English version
    2.)look out for spelling errors
    3.)and for any other mistakes

Note that this is no real betatest, but however, any comments or suggestions are, of course, welcome.
    So, please give me a valid email adress, and I´ll mail the English version and a few hints to you...

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited June 01, 2000).]
    Blah

...and the German version is available for review on the SLeague site. We'll even accept a review in German.

Comment

bung it my way, ill be happy to test it for you, Cockney9@hotmail.com

------------------
      Cockney used to be schizophereic but we'er ok now
      "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Thank You, Cockney! It´s on the way...
        Blah

Comment

Cockney has reported that he wasn´t able to start the English version, he received this error message from civ2:

Error 2 "-3" in module "2" data: 15 4

File open Failed: modules.DB
          Most recent DOS error: 2

I´m not sure about the reason for this. I think it´s the file LABELS.TXT. The file I included with the English version has the stringheap value of 11000, but the German version of this file has 20000. And, later I discovered that most of the English scenarios I have use a LABELS.TXT with a stringheap of 16368...

Has anyone an idea about it? Or is another problem causing the error message above?
          I tested the English version on my computer, and it works well, so what is wrong...?

Thanks for any help!

[This message has been edited by BeBro (edited June 03, 2000).]
          Blah

Comment

I was just wondering on what version this scenario works on: just CivII, CivII with Fantastic Worlds, or MGE?

Whether the two of you have different versions of the game.

Also, if you'd like to send me the game I'll test it with MGE. Email me at westbeach@altavista.com

------------------
            Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
            That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Thanks benedetti, but I think the events are ok. Also I received an email from another tester and he says that the scenario runs good...first good news today

Leonidas, I sended the scenario to you.
              I hope it runs with MGE (I´ve only FW).
              Blah

Comment

BeBro,

Several problems may be causing that message error. The label.txt string you mention may be one. But another likely reason for that to happen is that you have exceeded the space limit for events.txt. Eliminate a couple of @if's in that file and load again (do not rely on the FW event counter, it's usually wrong).

Comment

BreBos:

Thanks for the scenario - I have already sent you an email describing the problem, but this scenario will not work with MGE, even when I remove the label.txt and game.txt files. Sorry.

I hope perhaps someone may have a solution to this problem.

------------------
                  Go tell the Spartans, passerby:
                  That here, obedient to their laws, we lie.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your efforts, Leonidas.

Are there some other testers (despite the problems )? Remember, it´s Fantastic Worlds.
                    Don, another Tester, says, it runs fine. I say it runs fine, but Cockney and Leonidas weren´t able to run the scenario (I believe it´s your MGE, Leonidas).
                    I think, I can´t release this English version until it´s clear that it is running correctly...any help would be great.
                    Blah

Comment

Try setting Future Tech to nil, nil or something. BTW, if the game runs fine after you delete/rename labels.txt, your version is incompatible.

------------------
                      St. Leo
                      http://ziggurat.sidgames.com/
                      http://www.sidgames.com/forums/
                      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Thanks St.Leo! Progress report:
                        I´ve found one more tester and, surprisingly, he reported that the scenario runs without problems on his machine...

Perhaps I can release this version later this week, including a corrected Labels.TXT.
                        Blah

Comment

send it to me also. I'll give you a hand,
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com send it to this adress and not to the one of my account

thanks

Miguel
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I have MGE and the scenario runs properly with no problems encountered so far.

[This message has been edited by Don Everitt (edited June 06, 2000).]

Comment

Don, you have MGE? I thought FW...However, nice to hear that it works fine

I have to admit that I have no idea why it runs with your MGE, while Leonidas weren´t able to start the scenario...

And Shaka Naldur, thanks, it´s coming...
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X