Map 1 of 4 for my next scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map 1 of 4 for my next scenario

Somebody have a look at this map and tell me if it's accurate enough or if you have some suggestions or other comments.
    http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare.../8361/Map1.zip

Anzac - the same thing happened to me. I just waited and it still downloaded the file. Just wait a few seconds and the download screen will pop up. If you don't already have it, get NetZip, it's much faster and has better connections.
    edit: Download Daemon is also a great download program. All these work with AOL.
    [This message has been edited by WarVoid (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Link seems to work for me (?)

If you're still having trouble, try this one too:
      http://darthveda.tripod.com/Map1.zip

The map is for my next scenario called Kyokoujitsu (which means Rising Sun). It will chronologue the Japanese Empire from 1937 to 1945.
      [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited April 21, 2000).]

Comment

Nice job.
        What's the scenario about?
        History of Southern Asia perhaps???

Comment

I think Darthveda's scenario is on the Pacific theatre of WWII. BTW, the link for the map isn't correct. I clicked on it and I came to the Geocities broken link page!
          [This message has been edited by The ANZAC (edited April 21, 2000).]
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I only get one response on the map?

Comment

Well, here's some more comments:
              Why did you use Hills in stead of Glacier as impassible terrain (assuming that that is what the strip of Hills represents)? The map could really use some Hills.
              If you aren't going to use hills, make sure the mountain graphics aren't too "conspicuous".
              Australia could use some touching up, both in shape and in terrains (especially the terrains). India looks a bit thin to me.
              Apart from that it looks pretty decent.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I changed the hill impassable to forest as impassible and set Arctic to the trees (Seeing as there are 3 seperate graphics for terrain in ToT, it shouldn't matter).

The Projection makes India look thin (but its actually correct) and may mess with Australia a bit. I'm not really sure about what you mean with Australia, if you could emphasize it here or even fix the mistakes yourself to show me?

Anyhoo what I did is take Harlan's map and blow up it 4x bigger. I did modify some obvious mistakes and took some of my own liberties (ala the relationship of size and position between the Philippines and Borneo vs. Harlan's map).
                [This message has been edited by DarthVeda (edited April 27, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                X