The Civ Scenario Creation Team Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Civ Scenario Creation Team Update

Yes, yes, friends. We have an update! We got THE FIRST SCREENSHOT OF AUFSTIEG! It is a map done by Michael Dauman, and has cities placed by John Petroski. Aufstieg is going GREAT, and out latest progress report is:

map made
    cities placed
    sounds chosen, not recorded just yet
    some units
    more I don't know of, haven't asked all the team

Well, happy 2000, and enjoy the first screenshot!
    Nicholas Crown
    http://forums.quantum9.com/cgi-bin/f...=10&LastLogin=
    The War of Civilization - An online Civilization text game.

posting the link again would help

Comment

members.xoom.com/crownciv/creation.html

Comment

Hey, that's a pretty good map, but the proportions are going to take some getting used too...

And I don't wanna ask too many questions, but what are those big lakes in Africa for?

------------------
        "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present, controls the past."
        sigs are for fools who havent said enough!

Comment

They will be filled over with pollution that looks like desert. Why? To simulate the Qattar depression, which should be off limits to ground units but passable by air units.

In the large window the map looks better, I promise
          "You give a guy a crown and it goes straight to his head."
          -OOTS

Comment

That's pretty nifty...

But why couldn't the Qattar depression be passed by troops? Just asking.
            [This message has been edited by Djugashvili (edited January 11, 2000).]

Comment

As far as I know, it was a huge dessert which mechanized forces couldn't pass and it'd take too long for foot-infantry.
              Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

Those lakes in Finland look a little funny, Denmmark is too angular, and the cities are arranged in a manner which isn't exactly pleasing to the eye, IMO, but that's all I have to say.

If you've read some of my other posts, you'll know how much of a map-perfectionist I am. Just some friendly commentary...

Comment

I dunno what you're talking about! The map is done very well, and MD knows how many times I've rearranged the cities on the North Pole map! Quit yer complainin!
                  [This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited January 12, 2000).]

Comment

That's hillarious.

This is the whole map? I certainly hope this is meant for play by Germany, Britain, and Russia only.

Scandanavia needs some major work. It looks way too smooth. Same with finland.

The Iberian penninsula is passable, but the north cape of Africa needs some work.

Why are the allies in control of Iraq??!?!

Why is southern france under neutral control. Sure, it was this way after germany vanquished them, but not at the start of the war.

I hope that's poland crammed in there under German control. It wouldn't make any sense to have a Russian poland.

Comment

THE SCENARIO IS PLAYABLE ONLY BY GERMANY!

DarthVeda, if you were a true WW2 buff, you'd know the word AUFSTIEG, now wouldn't you?

D, the map is fine in those places.
                      DarthVeda, Scandanavia and Finland are fine, in my eyes.

Everyone, the map is by all means (the terrain at least) PERFECT...

BTW, on the SLeague newsletter, I am posting a few things on the C2SCT.
                      Nicholas Crown
                      http://forums.quantum9.com/cgi-bin/f...=10&LastLogin=
                      The War of Civilization - An online Civilization text game.

Comment

PERFECT?

now c'mon why'd you have to go and say that? Now everyone's gonna look at the scenario and look for some little misplaced desert square just to prove you wrong...

It seems to be a trend that most people can't stand others saying anything is "perfect" and must prove them wrong.
                        Who wants DVDs? Good prices! I swear!

Comment

So...we have a scenario promised to be the best ww2 scenario ever. And its playable only by germany.

Why does this sound familiar?

------------------
                          My life has no purpose...My life has no direction...No Aim...No Meaning...And yet I'm Happy...I can't figure it out...What am I doing right? -Snoopy-
                          I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

Cue the inflamatory NickC post...
                            ...NOW!

Comment

I'm glad its not for ToT.

Comment

Working...
                              X