What factors affect AI behaviour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh

sorry, i didnt even know that there were fertility parameters in the terrain, i was assuming that you were talking about the terrain values

where can i dl mapcopy from?

Comment

You're not paying attention, are you? Catfish posted a link earlier:

here...

or here...

To zero-out the fertility values on the map, type in the following at the DOS prompt (assuming mapcopy is in the same directory as the savegame/scenario):

Code:
      mapcopy [b]whatever_the_name_of_your_savegame/scenario_is[/b] -f:ZERO
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
        Making the entire map "infertile" prevents the AI from building cities, nothing more and nothing less. It won't affect existing cities.
        I might have been more helpful if I’d pointed that out in the first instance.

Originally posted by varwnos
        sorry, i didnt even know that there were fertility parameters in the terrain, i was assuming that you were talking about the terrain values
        Read the posts earlier in the thread if you want info on the fertility value. Mercator also gave links to some additional sources.

Oh, and pay more attention.
        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

ok ok!

Thank you but i cant really pay a lot more attention, since i am in love

Comment

Which file do you edit? i am not a programmer (that is an understatement) i like windows and believe that aliens prefer Pentium computers (as in the tv ad) so i will need some help with editing the parameters

Comment

I posted the exact line you have to type in one post earlier.

- Unzip MapCopy into your scenario directory
              - Open the DOS Prompt
              - Go to the scenario directory (e.g. cd c:\mps\civ2\scenario\my_scenario)
              - Type in:
              mapcopy whatever_the_name_of_your_savegame/scenario_is -f:ZERO
              With that savegame/scenario, I mean your working file, the file you work with to build your scenario.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Re: ok ok!

Originally posted by varwnos
                Thank you but i cant really pay a lot more attention, since i am in love
                LOL!

In love with CIV2, I hope!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

well with civ2 as well, but civ2 has too many lovers already

what i was asking was how to open the dos prompt, that was why i said that i only know how to use windows (spare your comments, i am a philosophy graduate, usefull in ancient Greece, but not today)

but anyway i have other ways of going around the problem, since my scenario is in the middle of a war period anyway it makes sense to have the settler unit available only through research, so that pretty much solves the problem i think

Comment

Well, here's how to open the DOS prompt anyway...

It could be an item in the start menu among the other programs: "MS-DOS Prompt". Or type in "command" (win95/98/ME) or "cmd" (winNT/2K/XP) in the Run... item in the Start menu.

Comment

ok

i did it. thanks for the tip

take a look at my thread if you want to have a look at the scenario

Comment

Re: Re: ok ok!

Originally posted by curtsibling
                        In love with CIV2, I hope!
                        Varwnos, you must understand Curt's condition – he is a Civ2-crazed man. Keeps his Civ2 CD-ROM on his pillow at night. Shouts about dogfighting over Normandy in his sleep (in German, of course). Is seeking treatment.
                        Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Civ2 is great, but as with everything the trick is to do it for the right reasons, and with moderation at least thats what i think having said that i am still working on it myself

Comment

unless I'm mistaken, nobody mentioned the expansion, perfectionist, civilised, aggressive etc. flags in the rules.txt.

You must however pre-create the rules.txt and copy it to your main civ folder and then begin on a saved map and save as a scenario. Otherwise the civilization attribute settings will have no effect, i mean they will just use the defaut values for the civs your are replacing.
                            This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

Originally posted by kobayashi
                              unless I'm mistaken, nobody mentioned the expansion, perfectionist, civilised, aggressive etc. flags in the rules.txt.
                              Originally posted by Sore Loser
                              The "Expansionist" trait helps, of course, but it is rarely enough.
                              First post.

Comment

Has anybody looked into terrain usage? The AI seems to place a different emphasis on the food yield of a square when it's in deficit or making even. But it sometimes makes really weird decisions. I think its decisions are based in part on the terrain slots rather than the actual terrain values. I've changed the terrain values around, and the AI doesn't seem to know how to cope with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X