specific titles and goverments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• specific titles and goverments

The generic goverment title seemingly overiders the civ and gender specific title.

It should be the other way around.

This only applies to specific titles of my own addition.

F.e example i had the Carthaginians have as specific title for Fundamentalism "Dictator", while the generic title for this gov is "Popular".Yet when the Carthagininas change to fundamentalism their leader "Barca" is stated as "Popular Barca".

Most inappropiate.
    Attached Files
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Im pretty sure that Civ2 only reads the @LEADER section when the game is first created. Therefore any changes to that section will not apear in a loaded game. Personally, I copy the modified rules.txt to the main civ directory before I create the the initial game.

There may be some utilities or other tricks to change it afterwards. I think I remember reading something on Gothmog's site about this. You could also hex edit the changes in too.

Comment

Or could think about all this before starting the game. I prefer altering all the files before creating the game itself. You can always have some helping game to test unit stats etc., but the final scenario game should be started after all the files are fone. Smaller unit changes are always possible of course. But there's nothing worse than realising you made a mistake that can't be changed without completely starting over the game and placing all cities and tile improvements again

Comment

Actually i did change the some of the rules.txt stuff prior to starting the game, such as the colours of the civs.

Wasn't really sure what things were unchangeable afterwards and the fundamentalism thing only came to me during the creation.

Oh well.....

Thanks anyway.
        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

I vaguely recall that one of Mercator or Carl Fritz's tools can alter the leader title, or do I have this wrong?
          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

No problem

Comment

Originally posted by fairline
              I vaguely recall that one of Mercator or Carl Fritz's tools can alter the leader title, or do I have this wrong?
              Certainly not any of mine (apart from that fortress placing thingy I haven't really made any proper scenario editing tools), and I don't think any of Gothmog's either, maybe CivTweak.

And would the civ2 editors do any good with this?
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

None of Carl Fritz's utilities address this problem, but he did in fact write a guide on how to fix it. Unfortunately, he's changed his website and now it only contains his scenarios and utilities, but none of his guides. I read it, but was obviously too thick to save it somewhere or commit it to memory. Here's the original thread.

I still have this problem, even after using the modified rules.txt file on the first save.
                Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

There was a crosspost, I was saying no problem to palaisomething

Comment

Working...
                  X