No announcement yet.

Upcoming : Vietnam - Battle of Dien Bien Phu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks guys those are some good points and il take them into consideration, Im not so sure of including the US as this is just a small map of the valley and so there is no real way to include the US. Yeah some French Foreign Legion stuff would be great as i havnt been able to find much so far.

Comment

The plan was for the US to carpet bomb the Viet Minh positions around Dien Bin Phiu. You could stick a 'US base' french city in a ocean surounded square in the corner of the map, and create B-29/B-36 bombers in it if the event is triggered.
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Although i like that idea i dont realy think it would work, as there isnt real any Ocean on this map , Shortly i will post a picture of it so you will understand what i mean. However i will try and include that in the Tech Tree.

Comment

Matthew, you're taking a much too literal reading of my sugestions - I meant that the 'ocean' terrain can be used to physically block the VM from attacking the US base, and not that your map needs to include 'real' oceans.
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
          - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Ohh , now i understand , Yeah that could work , I will finish Placing the Viet Minh Cities and then If there is any Space left try your idea , thanks for the advice

Comment

Working...
            X