Upcoming : Vietnam - Battle of Dien Bien Phu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming : Vietnam - Battle of Dien Bien Phu

Ive Begun work on a Vietnam Scenario about the first indochina war between the Viet minh and the French. Im going to focus on the battle of Dien Bien Phu , The turning point in this war.

Im new to your forum so please excuse me if i ask some stupid questions.

Speaking of which here is one now. If anybody has any Vietnam/jungle related units,terrain or citys could they please post them as ive found these seem to be hard to find.

If i can get a few of my ruddy Unit.gifs to post i would, but it dosnt seem to be working, so bare with me, im new.
    Attached Files

It's working allright. And they look nice
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

Looking good, Matthew. I think the Anzac did some Viet Cong who would be of use as Viet Minh. Check either his site or the modern gfx showcase.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Here are some Vietcongs.....
        Attached Files

Comment

I wonder when the frenchies will find an opponent they can beat...
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

They did have a few small (and i emphasise small) victories in the first indochina war. but their faith in static defences was once again their undoing (maginot line anyone?)

Comment

French Victories since 1956

Originally posted by Palaiologos
              I wonder when the frenchies will find an opponent they can beat...
              *cough* Libya in the 1980s
              *cough* Iraq in 1991
              *cough* The Serbs in the 90s
              *cough* The various bad guys in the Congo at this very moment

'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
              - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Oh man, these don't count!
                "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Re: French Victories since 1956

Originally posted by Case *cough* Libya in the 1980s
                  Actually, IIRC, the French got arrogant and perturbed as usual and prevented the US from flying bombers over their airspace to use against Libya...
                  Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

I realy need some helpwith my cities icons.

I need some military base/camp designs or small vietnamese villages.

Screen shots to follow soon.

Comment

Will these do?

Courtesy of Curt sibling.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah they are great, thanks alot

Comment

Be sure to credit him.

These icons were designed especially for a request of mine and were untill now unpublished.

Mmm.... on a second look, i guess you are looking for cities gfx, not improvements.
                          Oh well.....

I hope they come in handy.

Comment

Re: Re: French Victories since 1956

Originally posted by The ANZAC

Actually, IIRC, the French got arrogant and perturbed as usual and prevented the US from flying bombers over their airspace to use against Libya...
                            ...as did Spain and Portugual -are they also arogant and perturubed?

At the same time as the brief US raids, the French Foreign Legion had spent several years kicking several shades of, erm, stuffing from the Libyan troops in Chad.
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Yeah i was actually meaning cities gfx , but the ones posted are great.

Heres my first screenshot

French Paratroopers and legioners try to silence one of the Viet Minh gun positions attacking their airfield.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X