Hammer of the East - Under Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hammer of the East - Under Construction

This is my latest project: A scenario about a fictional war in Germany between the not-collapsed USSR and its allies and the NATO.

I´ve edited an own timeline for this:

March 1990: The Baltin States declared their independence from the USSR. Gorbachev is elected President of the USSR.
    May 1990: Boris Yeltsin is elected President of the Duma of the Russian SFSR.
    July 1990: XXVIII Party Rally of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. Gorbachev is critisised but elected again Chairman of the Communist Party.
    October 1990: Gorbachev is awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
    January 1991: The struggle for independence of the Baltic States is bloody suppressed by the Red Army.
    April 1991: The struggle for independence of the Caucasian States is bloody suppressed by the Red Army.
    June 1991: Boris Yeltsin is elected President of the Russian SFRS.
    August 1991: Coup d´état in Moscow: Conservative communists, supported by the Red Army, arrest Gorbachev during his holiday on the Crimean Peninsula and Yeltsin in Moscow and a Junta under the command of Gen. Sergey Ramov gain power. The new Soviet Government orders the talks between the two Germanies to stop immediatley and its troops to block all roads to Berlin. As a first reaction US President Bush asks the USSR to withdraw from the roads. As the Red Army and its Warsaw Pact allies are not withdrawing Bush and the German Chancellor Kohl state at a press conference to open the roads to Berlin "by all means necessary" and the mobilisation of the Red Army and the armies of the NATO begin almost simultanously.
    September 1991: The military assures Ramov that everything is ready to strike and Ramov orders his troops to attack.

The first attack is launched in the Lübeck beight by the Red Army supported by the Red Navy and Red Air Force taking out as many air bases as possible, catching the Western Allies completely by surprise.

An overview of the map:
    Attached Files

Comment

Problem #1:

I edited the map as Dr Kellogg said, Potsdam is now East German.

And now here´s my problem: As you can see below, the Warsaw Pact Allies should have the same colour as the German Democratic Republic. The Rules.txt says this:

Sergey Ramov, 0, 1, 1, Soviet Union, Soviet, 1, 1, -1,
      Erich Honecker, 0, 2, 2, DDR, German, 0, -1, -1,
      Helmut Kohl, 0, 3, 3, Germany, German, -1, -1, 1,
      Gustáv Husák, 0, 4, 2, WarPac Allies, European, 0, 0, -1,
      George Bush, 0, 5, 4, United States, American, -1, -1, 1,
      John R. Galvin, 0, 6, 5, NATO Allies, European, 0, -1, 1,
      Franz Vranitzky, 0, 7, 6, Austria, Austrian, -1, -1, 1,

But the map shows the WarPac Allies with blue colours. Can anyone help me out of this mess? I tried over the last 40 minutes to figure out why this is so and I could not fix that.
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Problem #1:

Sergey Ramov, 0, 1, 1, Soviet Union, Soviet, 1, 1, -1,
        Erich Honecker, 0, 2, 2, DDR, German, 0, -1, -1,
        Helmut Kohl, 0, 3, 3, Germany, German, -1, -1, 1,
        Gustáv Husák, 0, 4, 2, WarPac Allies, European, 0, 0, -1,
        George Bush, 0, 5, 4, United States, American, -1, -1, 1,
        John R. Galvin, 0, 6, 5, NATO Allies, European, 0, -1, 1,
        Franz Vranitzky, 0, 7, 6, Austria, Austrian, -1, -1, 1,
        This seems to be ok. But I'm pretty sure there's a problem somewhere at the @LEADERS in the rules.txt which causes the WarPac to use the color of the US civ.

Comment

Hm... Not bad, but correct Vistula and Oder in Poland.
          Gliwice in Silesian conurbation are the largest inland port in Poland, and in your map, Oder stops somewhere around Oppeln. Also, upper Vistula is not visible, though it doesn't have to be, as it has not such big importance as Oder and Gliwice channel
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

If I post the Rules (together with the savegame from the Map Check Thread) could someone have a look at that? Thanks in advance.

BTW, don´t mind about anything else in the Rules.txt, it´s all under construction.
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah, that's it. There's a small mistake in the rules file. It has to be:

Helmut Kohl, Helmut Kohl, 0, 3, 3, Germany, German, -1, -1, 1,
              Gustáv Husák, Gustáv Husák, 0, 4, 2, WarPac Allies, European, 0, 0, -1,

(just like you posted above)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kellogg
                Ah, that's it. There's a small mistake in the rules file. It has to be:

Helmut Kohl, Helmut Kohl, 0, 3, 3, Germany, German, -1, -1, 1,
                Gustáv Husák, Gustáv Husák, 0, 4, 2, WarPac Allies, European, 0, 0, -1,

(just like you posted above)
                BANZAI! That was it!

@ Dr Kellogg: Thank you very, very much. I´ll post some units soon! Stay tuned!

Comment

Those cities look vaguely familiar!

This should be a good one!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by curtsibling
                    Those cities look vaguely familiar!

This should be a good one!
                    @ I wanted to take this time your wonderful cities. I hope you don´t mind ......

@ curt: Thank you for the F-15 ...... another great unit! Maybe you could use the F-16 I´ve made ....

Comment

Units!

Ok, this is the units.gif file I´m going to use.

3 slots are still free; (1) the Partisan slot is free; any idea which unit I could implement? (2) 5th slot/last row: Mil-24H Hind, still missing. (3) The 8th slot/last row is still free. Any idea what to implement?
                      Last edited by jim panse; July 30, 2003, 09:00.

Comment

Stephan judging from the map this is a tactical oriented scenario.So nukes aren't really fit.Unless they are tactical nukes of course.

And that plane(don't know its type) on the left of the M1 Abraams has no shadow.

I would also advise against having partizans in the scenario.
                        Some of the cities are military bases while others are mostly small towns rarely places where partizan activity is noted. Moreover a war for Germany would be over in a matter of weeks, 2 months tops. Hardly the time needed for guerilla groups to organize.

As for unit ideas i think a must have is an allied attack choper, apache, cobra or something.
                        "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                        Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

As for unit ideas i think a must have is an allied attack choper, apache, cobra or something.
                          @ Pericles: There is an AH-64A Apache, a Mil-24H Hind will be included as well. I´m thinking of giving the NATO Allies some Huey ....

Comment

Hmmm....

Didn't notice it. Its the one next to that Soviet bloke, right?
                            It looks more like a Cobra to me, to be honest.

Have you ever played Steel panthers III?
                            It has a NATO vs USSR scenario in the 1990s. Many usefull ideas(about startegical movements, war objectives etc) in there.It certainly worths a look.
                            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                            Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Hmmmm, I spent more than an hour converting the colours on Figu´s basic AH-64. Dammit. COuld someone have a look on it?

BTW, I never played Steel Panthers III. What´s that game about? Panzer General-like?

Comment

Working...
                              X