Caravan vs. freight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravan vs. freight

Freight has 1.5 bigger delivery bonus than a caravan. But how Civ2 distinguishes between them? I tried to change movement points but nothing happened.

Similar question are Settlers/Engineers, Dips/Spies.
    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

It's governed by the unit slots. The engineer ability is only given to the second unit, the freight bonus only to the unit in the freight slot, the spy abilities to the spy slot, etc. Same for Fun. only build (fanatics/fanatic's slot), and guerrilla units (partisan's slot).
    A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

So units of domain 6, 7 that are out of slots are only normal units with no support?
      I can't have more than 2 types of dip?

Comment

So units of domain 6, 7 that are out of slots are only normal units with no support?

You mean the fanatics? Yes... (we use the term "domain" to refer to air/land/sea/domain 3)

I can't have more than 2 types of dip?

You can have as many diplomats as you want, but only the one in the spy slot will have the extra spy abilities.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

6,7 - I meant caravans and diplomats.
          Caravan, Cor, 0, 1.,0, 0a,1d, 1h,1f, 5,0, --7--, Tra, 000000000000010

But I think I understand: slots are important for Fanat, Part, Engineer, Spy, Freight. And I can have only 1 type of such a unit.

Comment

6,7 - I meant caravans and diplomats.
            Caravan, Cor, 0, 1.,0, 0a,1d, 1h,1f, 5,0, --7--, Tra, 000000000000010

That's the "role"
            Follow the masses!
            30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

Working...
            X