New Scenario in Americas, Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Scenario in Americas, Help Needed

I'm working on my first scenario. It isn't much to get excited over, but I'm having trouble anyhow. How do I set it so the civs can't communicate with each other?

Also, in the Rules.txt I changed the leader names, and civ names, but when I play it doesn't recognize it. How can I change this?

Finally, does anyone have city list names for the Cherokee and Tupi?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

To prevent communication, you need the NEGOTIATION event, like this:

Code:
    @IF
    NEGOTIATION
    talker=civilization name or ANYBODY
    talkertype=HUMAN, COMPUTER, HUMANORCOMPUTER
    listener=civilization name or ANYBODY
    listenertype=HUMAN, COMPUTER, HUMANORCOMPUTER
    @THEN
    @ENDIF
    Apparently the "ANYBODY" is bugged (although I have no experience with that), so you would need to repeat this for every pair of civs you don't want talking (and both ways too).

You probably changed the rules when you had already started the game, right? Civilization has already loaded the civ and leader names into the savegame itself so won't use the names from the rules.txt.
    Use the "Edit King" option in the Cheat menu to adjust them.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I wrote near the same answer, but the server didn't work :'(

BTW, CurtSibbling has in his Dictator V2 this EVENT

@IF
      NEGOTIATION
      talker=anybody
      talkertype=HumanOrComputer
      listener=anybody
      listenertype=HumanOrComputer
      @THEN

and it appears to work ...
      Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

I thought I read here that "anybody" didn't work (although my Orbis Terrae scenario also uses it successfully)... Or maybe it doesn't work when you only use one "anybody" (e.g. only the listener or only the talker)? Well, I don't know really.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I'm aware of 'anybody' doesn't working well for things like

IFUNITKILLED
          attacker=ANYBODY
          defender=....
          THEN

in the sense that the first civ to kill the unit will get the event, but no other civ will do, but I'm not aware of anybody doesn't working in diplomacy talks - but I haven't desinged a scen in all my whole life, so I'm not sure at all
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Yaroslav is right!

The anybody rule is good for blocking speech for civs, or city capture events.

For unit events, it's best to be specific.
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Actually, in the negotiation it 's the HUMAN and COMPUTER options that are bugged. The HUMANORCOMPUTER one works well with ANYBODY.

OTOH, I know first hand that events triggered by an ANYBODY unit killed will continue triggering for the civ of the first unit killed.
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Strange.
                What version of Civ II are you all using? (I am asking this because I use a little-used version)
                I am using FW, and I have never had a problem with the ANYBODY tag. But when you can, it is best to be detailed. Perhaps some bod out there could create a 'dictionary' in more detail than macro.txt. That would really help people.
                How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

Comment

Thanks much for the help.

I started this as just something for myself, not really a full scenario, just some cities set up. But as projects go, this one is deffinately mushrooming. Now i'm working on cool graphics and such for the scenario.

Does anyone have any cities and units for Eskimos?

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

On Cherokee place names.

I can provide you with some actual Cherokee town names, if you're still interested.

Sapulpa
                    Coweta
                    Nowata
                    Salina
                    Oscheleta
                    Inola
                    Owasso
                    Catoosa
                    Telsy Town (later just Tulsa)
                    Vinita
                    Okfuskee
                    Okmulgee
                    Checotah
                    Talequah
                    Lost in America.
                    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Now I'm having trouble with the anti-tech. It seems like it is set up properly, but it isn't working. For example, the Sioux have their own units, and i've given them the tech "anti-tupi" which should cancel out the Tupi Warrior unit, but it doesn't.

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Working...
                      X