No announcement yet.

hex edit needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know why it may take more than 1 edit to make the city visible. It wasn't anything in the papers I read, just that I found a variable number of instances where irrigation appeared in one file, but not the other. So I changed them all. Perhaps it has to do with the different map views of the various civilizations?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Aargh... I can't seem to be able to make up my mind about what exactly your "1 edit" is. I've been rewriting this post over and over (before actually submitting it).

There would be at most 9 places where you'd need to make changes:
      • First of all, of course the city coordinates in the cities section in the savegame.
      • Secondly, to make sure the square is recognised as a city square (so the city graphic will show up, and the square gets food and road bonuses), you must add the "city present" flag in the 2nd map data block.
      • Finally, the map views of the civs you were talking about, which is the 1st block of the map data. For this case, it's the same thing that happens with the CivFort thing I made a while ago. If you use visible fortress graphics, you'll see the problem. You can't see them yet except within range of your units/cities. The map will update as you move along.

Make sure you only update the views for the civs that should actually see the city.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
      X