Middle East map help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middle East map help

I've made a huge map of the Middle East, but I am TERRIBLE at placing terrains. I was wondering if anyone would be able to place the terrains for me?

I am not going to be using the Forest graphics as they will become Minefields and Barbwire terrain. Also, I am going to change the Jungle terrain to sand dunes, so if you would like to place them as sand dunes, that would be great.

Attached Files

I was wondering if anyone would be able to place the terrains for me?
    Ouch, thats the toughest part for me, too. I've made a ToT map of part of your region.
    If you're interested in some of the terrain in these zooms, let me know.

Many of the tiles can be converted to MGE/FW format.
    I am not going to be using the Forest graphics as they will become Minefields and Barbwire terrain
    Just guessing, but if you need some OOB info on WWI Mesopotamia/Palestine, I have a lot I can pass your way. Techumseh may have some more good stuff on WWI Mesopotamia in his basement as well. Don't know if his rates are affordable, though.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Actually, I am making an Iraqi Freedom scenario. I figure I can start work on it now while the information is everyhwere, and finish it all up later on.

Pap

Comment

If you haven't seen it already, www.globalsecurity.org is a great site
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

very nice map Pap. sorry to say that I'm too lazy to fill it with terrain.

btw, Boco can you post your map in a zip-file opr something so we can take a look at it? that would be very nice of you.
          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

good luck!

I'm afraid all I can do is point you to MapEdit and http://plasma.nationalgeographic.com/maps. With a bit of luck you're able to figure out how to let your image editor do most of the work for you.
            (I haven't figured that out yet, so let me know if you find a way )
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What scenario are the shots from there Boco? It looks interesting.
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

[Hijack]I've only got about 8 turns alpha tested of a 39 turn ToT scenario in this region between 1916 and 1918. It's called El Aurens. Btw, Case found the painting. I'll start a thread begging for playtesters when I get a little further with it.[/Hijack]
                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

So far, the map looks good. Good luck in completing it.
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                  X