Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone interested in something like this ... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone interested in something like this ... ?

this thread is about one thing that´s lying on my hard disk for quite a while and now i´m almost ready finishing it. it´s about the battle (better would be: siege) of Sevastopol.

the fortress Sevastopol was the hugest fortress in europe in ww2. i tried to reconstruct the siege but it happened to be more diffucult than expected.

whatever, the scenario takes place on the crimea peninsula but only the regions around the fortress itself are featured. i´m sorry for the delay of the other project but i want this one to be finished.

the map is rather small and you´re only able to play 1 vs. 1 due to the "only" 2 major fractions: the Crimea Army Group and the 11th Army.

as an appetizer some screenshots.

- what it´s all about: Sevastopol
    Attached Files

and a part of the german 11th army already prepared to march on.
    Attached Files

Comment

*drool*

Surely you'll have Schwere Gustav and Thor of course?

Yes, finish, finish!
      Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Looks good

Comment

it really lokks fine! must have been hard work. (its just sad, that i dont like scens which are placed in such a small place - but this wont say anything against your scen!)

Deutscher Meister 2004: WERDER BREMEN

Comment

to make you even more hungrier ....

the soviet defenses between Fort Stalin, Fort Maxim Gorki I and Fort Molotow.
            Attached Files

Comment

an aerial overview over the battlefield
              Attached Files

Comment

and the units.gif to give you an idea on the units. the first unit in the 2nd row is a 60cm artillery named "Carl" and the 8th unit in the same row is a nice 80cm artillery piece called "Dora" (a.k.a. the "Ultimate Artillery" )
                Attached Files

Comment

what ever happened to your philippine invasion scenario?

Comment

lying next to this scenario on my harddisk

i´m quite sure i´ll finish it up before getting into the hot phase of the ottoman history

Comment

Looks good Jim. Just one question: how on earth do you produce so many scenarios at once - aren't you also working on an Iraq War scenario and the Turkish thing at the same time?

I started a scenario on Roman Britain, spent a month researching it, a weekend tweaking a map, a day placing the cites and a month staring at it wishing it would finish itself . I just can't face editing the tech tree in text file form. Surely one of the hex editor kings has produced a graphical tech tree tool? If not, why not
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

- I´m working on the turkish scenario, yes that´s true. this takes a lot of information gathering because i´m studying history at Vienna University but the only thing concerning Turks/Ottomans you learn in school is that Jan Sobieski, Prince Eugene and the other Hero fellows of the "Old Austria" defeated them and augmented the Honour and Glory of the Habsburgs. so i´m now gathering information around all the aspects left out in austrian education. i hope you understand that the ottoman scenario will take longer to finish.

- Especially this scenario is lying on my harddisk for about half a year and the remaining things to fix are the events. a scenario covering such a small map and such a small period of time is much easier to create because within 3 months you won´t be able to invent, test, produce and take with you into combat any new inventions => tech tree left out.

- The same as mentioned above about this scenario is the kex to my WW2 philippine invasion scenario that rests also on my harddisk.

- The Iraq scenario i have laid aside to get a bit more distance to the theme. sorry therefor but i remember only asking if it was a nice idea.

I started a scenario on Roman Britain, spent a month researching it, a weekend tweaking a map, a day placing the cites and a month staring at it wishing it would finish itself . I just can't face editing the tech tree in text file form. Surely one of the hex editor kings has produced a graphical tech tree tool? If not, why not
                        btw, the same things you mention i also dislike.

satisfying answer?!

Comment

It's kinda like how I work on other stuff and then come back to Kyokujitsu... that's pretty much why Kyokujitsu has taken nearly three and a half years so far...

Comment

Working...
                          X