No announcement yet.

Tank design for WW2 scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK fairline, you are right. I will include the Panther.
    Jimmy, when I give the Matilda only to the British, the Americans will not have a tank in the first period of the war......

My scenario is nearly ready and I will need some playtester to kill some bugs. Maybe I will post it here tomorrow but without sounds (approx. 9 MB soundfiles, that's not a joke). Attached is my new unit file with the PzKw V and the Ju 188S.
    Attached Files

Comment

What map are you using? Can you post a screenshot of it?
      Re-elect Bush!

Comment

I have to humbly disagree with the change to the Panther. The Panther A is useless due to the mantlet creating a shot trap. By the D model things get better, but only the G model is a top shelf vehicle. It indeed served and was intended to be a main battle tank, but even late war it fought alongside many IV's. You've already filled the medium tank role. If you want the scenario's German tank development to include a heavy tank type, you'll need either the VI or VI ausf B. It is up to the player to put his country in a situation to produce these in sufficient number. Dont let history bottleneck the tank design tech tree to medium tanks only. 2 cents.

-FMK.

Comment

FMK, regarding the size and role of the tank you are right.

Germany has the PzKw II/III, the PzKw IV and PzKw VI.
          So that are more or less two medium tanks at the end.
          Russia has the KV I/II, the T34 and the JS II. They have a heavy tank at the end.
          So Germany should also have a heavy tank at the end.

Regarding GB and US they will not have a heavy tank at the end. The Sherman and also the Firefly is not a heavy tank for me. And the Pershing saw "only a few days" service in europe.

Italy and France are limited to light tanks/armoured cars..

OK, now I have to propose following solution. Have a look at my scenario and we will discuss this matter later. I am sure there are more such problems....

I think I will post my scenario here in one or two hours......

Comment

Why not give the Americans the M10, M18, or M36 if you're not going to use the Pershing?

Comment

This would be possible if GB and US had separate tanks, But I only have three tank units for two countries. Thats my problem, but have a look at my scenario and I think together we will find a solution.

Comment

OK, here it is. My first CIV 2 scenario about world war 2 in Europe. Available countries are Germany, Italy, Great Britain, USA, France and Russia. The scenario should be played as Germany, GB or USA.

Before playing please read the readme file first !!!!!!!!!!

IMPORTANT:
                I only have a german CIV2 version and the scenario is totally written in German. But this should not be a problem, because the role of the units should be clear, city improvements can clearly be identified and the tech tree is rather small. The file extensions have to be changed from *.ger to *.txt if you have the english/american version.

The scenario comes without sound files and is therefore only a stripped version. I will try to post the soundfiles on Thursday (will be about 6 to 7 zip files). The event sound files are missing completely and I do not know how to post it here because of the size (9MB). The event files *.txt have been stripped (without sound events) but the original german files can be checked by the *.ger file.

If you are interested in the event sound files I can send the files by email or provide an other solution to get it.

Of course there are still some bugs which need correction. Please help me. Already known bugs are:
                - small tech tree (my first one)
                - only a few real events
                - city style of Russia changes during the game
                Attached Files

Comment

and part 2
                  sound files will follow on Thursday
                  Attached Files

Comment

Last night I tried to translate the german rules.txt file.
                    Here it is....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hallo Steff, warum postest du das nicht im deutschen civ2 Forum, es gibt sicherlich auch dort paar Leute, die vom Thema Ahnung haben und gewisse Unterstützung geben können.

Ich habe ja leider mit meiner 2.WK Umsetzung für Test of Time mangels Interesses aufgehört mit der Entwicklung. Dabei war mein ansatzpunkt mal ganz anders .

Comment

Thoddy, natuerlich habe ich daran schon gedacht, nur haette ich das Szenario dort nicht so herausbringen koennen (Hakenkreuze, usw). Das war halt damals, die deutsche Flagge und einen gewissen Grad an Realsimus haette ich schon gerne .....und ich habe keine Lust mir vorschreiben zulassen, was ich in mein Szenario einbauen darf und was nicht. Ich habe auch erlebt, das man dort bei WW2 Themen relativ schnell in die rechte Ecke gestellt wird (nicht mir passiert). Zudem kommen in den soundevents natuerlich auch deutsche Personen der damaligen Zeit vor (z.B. Angriff auf Polen, Wochenschaumeldungen, Einnahme von Stalingrad, usw.). Genauso wie in englischen, russischen, amerikanischen Meldungen auch. Da haetten viele Leute in Deutschland ein Problem damit, obwohl absolut nichts volksverhetzendes oder andere bedenkliche Meldungen bzw. Texte vorkommen. Ich finde das zwar sehr schade, aber ich habe wirklich absolut keine Lust mich andauernd fuer irgendein Detail rechtfertigen zu muessen oder mir von anderen Leuten Vorhaltungen machen zu lassen. Die Diskussion hier im Forum ist viel ungezwungener und relativ frei von der ganzen Problematik.

Aber was ganz anderes, wie findest Du eigentlich mein Szenario ?

Comment

Originally posted by Steff
                          Thoddy, natuerlich habe ich daran schon gedacht, nur haette ich das Szenario dort nicht so herausbringen koennen (Hakenkreuze, usw). Das war halt damals, die deutsche Flagge und einen gewissen Grad an Realsimus haette ich schon gerne .....und ich habe keine Lust mir vorschreiben zulassen, was ich in mein Szenario einbauen darf und was nicht. Ich habe auch erlebt, das man dort bei WW2 Themen relativ schnell in die rechte Ecke gestellt wird (nicht mir passiert).
                          Aber was ganz anderes, wie findest Du eigentlich mein Szenario ?
                          Die Diskussion war so ziemlich parallel als ich meine Testbeta eingstellt habe. Ich habe daraufhin diverses entschärft.

Szen
                          wie ich an den events sehe beruht das szen nahezu ausschließlich auf der AI intelligenz
                          An dem Event hätte ich was zu "mäkeln"
                          @IF
                          CITYTAKEN
                          city=Dover
                          attacker=Deutschen
                          defender=Englaender
                          @THEN
                          TEXT
                          ^Operation Seeloewe hat begonnen. Die Deutsche Wehrmacht hat den Kanal
                          ^ueberquert und einen ersten Brueckenkopf gebildet. Der Marsch auf
                          ^London hat begonnen.
                          ENDTEXT
                          @ENDIF

Ich komme meistens von Norden oder lande in cornwall
                          Dover liegt bei meinem Vorgehen genau an der hintersten Ecke und bei der letzten Stadt kommt die Meldung.
                          Ich würde ein unitkilled event nehmen mit einer besonders schwachen unbeweglichen einheit die in jeder britischen Stadt beheimatet ist, wenn bei den units noch platz ist. Die einheit wird dann sozusagen in der Regel vor der Eroberung gekillt.

Comment

Oh, daran habe ich gar nicht gedacht. Stimmt, grober Fehler. Die Einheiten sind leider alle belegt. Werde mal schauen was sich machen laesst. Danke fuer den Tip...

Und sonst ???? Check mal dein mail.....

Comment

Working...
                            X