Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NikolajRomanov
    Bugs
    - Praetorians change to Limitanii ( think this shouldn't be)
    Yes.This way the battle of Milvian bridge can be represented.

- tech tree isn't ready

I know.....

- In the second part of the scenario I was able to build the Hanging Gardens, King Richard's Crusade and Collossus
    I would rename them and place them in some citys

Err.... have you read my e-mail? Techs and wonders are not ready.
    Any suggestions for the wonders?And how the hell were you able to build them.The production capability of the Empire can not afford it.

- Germans and Franks only show a low agressivity. Most of their units are moving and moving and moving ...
    Deity difficulty only.I really hope you used delevent after the first era.

I suggest also to place Budapest one square to the southwest in and to place a city in Dacia
    (for example Porolissum)
    Hmm... perhaps.As i do not have civ2 available here i can not reply with certainty.Truth is that Budapest is not exactly where i would like it to be.

you can find good icons for the wonders and/or city improvements in Berns Brosings Imperium Romanum scn. if you want i can post them or send them to you per e-mail
    e-mail.

What about the other events?

Did the Vandals wrecked havoc in Hispania? I trust they cross into Africa afterwards, right?
    Is the Chalons campaign represented correctly?
    Did the Goths cross the danube in 378AD as they should do?

e-mail me ideas for wonders and techs.
    "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
    Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Wonders you can implent :
      Collossus in Rhodos (Collossus); will be obsolete after Arabians/Turks conquer Rhodos ,

Collosseum in Rome (Shakesspeare's Theatre or Hanging Gardens) ; obsolete after Christianisation of the Empire,

Hagia Sophia (Johannes S. Bach's Cathedral); can be build when Justinian is crowned,

Constantine's Pillar (King Richard's Crusade); can be build after foundation of Constantinople,

Diocletian's Reforms (Leonardo's Workshop or Darwin's Voyage) ; can be build after Diocletian is crowned will be obsolete after Constantine is crowned,

general Citizenship in Rome (Cure for Cancer); obsolete after Rome is conquered by the Barbarians

Hadrian's wall or Limes either in York/Eburacum or Mainz/Mogontiatum (Great Wall); will be obsolete after Mogontiatum or Eburacum is conquered

Christian Empire (no Idea); buildable after Constantine is crowned
      I know that under Theodosian the Christianity was Roman Empire's official Religion but I think it's suitable because the process of "building" a "Christian Empire" already has began under Constantine

if I will have more Ideas I will post them
      ps. I have changed some city names and the position of Budapest/Aquincum for myself and saved it under another name I also have included Porolissum (in Dacia) and Dura (in Northern Mesopotamia) but it is a little bit mofified version (slightly changed units, tech tree form "Imperium Romanum" and Icons from "Imperium Romanum") it is also set in another time : shortly before Trajan's Invasion of the Parthian Empire
      But if you want i could include changes of Budapest's location and the city in Dacia in your scn.
      Attached Files
      "Et deus dixit fiat lux !"
      "Everything is proceeding as i have foreseen."
      "I love Democracy Ilove the Republic ..."

Comment

• Here are the icons used by Bernd Brosing
        Attached Files

Comment

• sry but my E-Mail acc @ freenet didn't send my e-mail corectly
          perhaps the server has some problems
          bäää

ps. Palpatine rulez 2
          Attached Files

Comment

• If your e-mail does not work, send PMs.

Excellent icons, thanks.

I like a lot of your wonder ideas.

I have implemented Diocletean reforms however, as a technology.

More on friday, when i will get back home.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• So... Whats the status on this thing Palaiologos, I cant wait to play it
              Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
              Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

• Working on it.

Comment

• hey, hows things going?
                  Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• Slowlly.

Its that blasted tech tree!

Comment

• Hmm..... i finished the tech tree. All it took was 8-9 hours of concetrated work

Comment

• yikes, just thinking of that much time is a killer. Congratulations
                        Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

• So are you still planning on ending the scenario in 1453AD?
                          It would be a very interesting scenario if done properly.

Comment

• I second that. Nice Jap game refference, Valuk (I guess)
                            "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                            -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                            "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                            "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• Originally posted by Valuk
                              So are you still planning on ending the scenario in 1453AD?

Yes.

Comment

• Sorry for my originality, Palaiologos, but...

what about your work ?..

I know, the question is really boring, but I (and the others too, I suppose...) can't resist, I'm too interested to "Roman Empire".

Now I stop myself.
                                But I repeat: HAVE A GOOD JOB !!! (Not only the job, of course!)

The world is waiting for it...
                                "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Working...
                                X