ToT unit shields

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToT unit shields

Does anyone know if theres a way to hide unit shields in ToT? After finding out about Angelo Scotto's Civconventer ( ) i decided to convert old scenario i was making to MGE to ToT and finish it. I though used units as buildings and now those color/energy bars are giving me a trouble.

I once asked Techumseh what the dots were for in ToT Unit.GIF. His reply:
    Yes, you've hit on one of the great unanswered questions about ToT. What
    ARE those blue dots for, 'cause you sure can't move that strength bar?
    Sometimes you can use the 'invisible until attacked' flag in @UNITS_ADVANCED to your advantage. Not too helpful for buildings you intend to be visible, though.
    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Yeah, it really badly looks like it's not possible to get rid of them. Guess i just need to try to ignore them, stick in MGE or use terrain graphics as buildings. Most likely the last one, won't be as pretty but will do.

Comment

Deleting those strenth bar frames in unit.bmp helped a bit. Also noticed having 150 hitpoints makes the strenth bar red. Atleast theyre bit easier to ignore now though would have hopen i could have got rid of them totally.
        Attached Files

Comment

woaw... great building-units !!

Comment

Yes, very TTDlxish.

Google Search - for Download (make sure to get the Windows version)
            http://www.ttdpatch.com/ - for Graphics Extraction, WinXP compatibility, etc.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jonicro
              Deleting those strenth bar frames in unit.bmp helped a bit. Also noticed having 150 hitpoints makes the strenth bar red. Atleast theyre bit easier to ignore now though would have hopen i could have got rid of them totally.
              That's interesting, you've managed to remove the "key" around the strength bar. There must be some pixels somewhere that give the bar it's colour. If we could find them and change them to a transparent setting, then we could make these most annoying bars disappear altogether!
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Yes, great buildings indeed and we can thank St Leo on that, used your TTDX conversion collection . They make very nice graphics for city based scenarios.

Tech, yeah need to check all graphic files through if i could find them. Would be extremely usefull to get rid of them totally. Dont understand why they changed those bars in ToT, it was a lot better for creation and looked better too in the way it used to be in earlier Civ2 versions.

Comment

It might be possible to remove the bars if you'd use the SPR files (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61778)... But that would have to wait until someone makes a SPR editor of some kind.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I've done a little experimenting, but I can't find where the strength bar colours are regulated. It helps reduce the annoying clutter to get rid of certain parts of the "key". It does reduce the visibility of undamaged units' bar on green terrain somewhat, as you can see in the above example, but I think it's worth it. The modified key is in the upper right corner. If you don't want the civ colour showing, just eliminate the pink dot.
                    Attached Files
                    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I also havent been able to find those pixels giving the bar its color. Just need to use those reduced size bars then. Good thing the map doesnt have that many green tiles so the full health units bars should be easy to spot.

Comment

Working...
                      X