Is there any way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way?

To create a city that cannot be destroyed when it's occupied at size 1? (Since population reduces by one when a city is taken, I was wondering if there was a way to keep it from doing this).

Re: Is there any way?

Originally posted by DarthVeda
    To create a city that cannot be destroyed when it's occupied at size 1? (Since population reduces by one when a city is taken, I was wondering if there was a way to keep it from doing this).
    I'm not sure, but this sounds like it would work. It depends on if you already know what civilization will be capturing the city. If you do, place an immobile unit of the future occupiers in the city by using the cheat menu. The city will still be in the other civ's power, and the attackers won't know that there is one of their units in the city until after it's occupied!

Edit: Never mind, forgot that I already have tried this and it doesn't work.
    "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Guess I'm going to have to learn CSPL after all

Comment

Upon occasion . . .

I've seized cities occupied by barbarians that were at 1 population and the city did not disappear, but this doesn't happen every time, and I have no idea what conditions this event.

But it can happen.
        Lost in America.
        "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
        "or a very good liar." --Stefu
        "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Has anybody, ever, gotten CSPL to work?

Comment

I'd just like to say how much I hate borland. I finally got a cspl engine to compile. Now we're in business.

Comment

The plot thickens around Kyokujitsu
              Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Give it city walls.
                Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Ok I've rigged CSPL to keep all cities at size two minimum, no matter how much they are bombarded or reduced to rubble, taken, and retaken.

Sigh. I really didn't want to use CSPL in Kyokujitsu because that meant that I'd want to use it a lot!

It's a lot easier to code in a macro language than C++ let me tell you, but C++ has a lot more functionality. It feels like I'm "cheating".

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
                    Give it city walls.
                    If a city has city walls, that will prevent it from losing population when its defending units die. However, when a city is taken, it's population is reduced by one automatically.

Comment

If you use a spy to capture a size 1 city, it dosen't disappear.

Comment

Well it just took me twelve more builds to figure out that the name field of the City struct turns out to act like a bool instead of a char.

*strangles Angelo Scotto for making Darth think he could change the city name*

Comment

Alright, since the documentation for CSPL is extremely misleading and I'm pretty fed up, I'll just use CSPL for keeping cities from being destroyed.

Comment

Make it enough big to not allow it to decline to 1-size
                            city status. .

Barbarians don't destroy a city indeed.
                            City walls sometimes work, but if they are "plundered"
                            they don't.
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

The combo of a C++ programmer and a ToT scenario designer is a rare breed. Angelo and Kull are very open to correcting the documention. With your skills, DV, you're fast becoming the beta tester that Angelo has needed all along. Drop them a line with your corrections. Although it's been painful for you, I think you could do a real service here.

Even with documentation flaws, CSPL's potential is very high. After all, from your own criteria, it appears to be your only resort for the size one city problem.
                              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                              X