Worst scenario ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst scenario ever?

What do you think is the worst scenario for civ, ever? My vote's on "Gambia". I can't remember who its by, but the map is of Gambia and the similarities end there. Units like "TV man" and "Hell Dog" made no sense.

The sounds were especially disturbing. TV Man's attack would spout, in loud blaring child-like screaming:

"I want my TV.... RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Anybody know where this gem is stored?

Please chip in with your votes.

Well . . .

I'm not sure that this scenario would qualify as the worst, exactly, but . . .

That Age of Exploration scenario that came with MGE was a total disappointment. I tried playing it several times. The "Barbarians" weren't barbarians--they were a civ. And that civ would gain techs, as the scenario progressed. After a few turns, the colonizing powers would be totally outclassed and left behind by the "barbarians."

It was NOT good.

And yet, the idea was good, as evidenced by so many subsequent Age of Exploration scenarios produced by individual auteurs.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Gambia
      Re-elect Bush!

Comment

Hmmm.... my vote goes to Age of Exploration, una vera caccaia... "con pardòn".
        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

There was this one scenario I vaguely remember called "Magellan", that was completely f*cked up. It used to be on the SLeague website, but I can't find it now.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Are you guys talking about Age of Discovery? It's true, but where can I get a better scenario of the kind?

Comment

Do you mean scenarios that look like they might have taken some effort, or just any scenario...
              I think I'd go for Lord of the Flies. The book was very good, and I did think it'd make a good scenario, so I was pleased to see someone made a scenario about it... Not anymore after I started it.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

What was it like?

Comment

Pretty much all the name of the characters are misspelled, and the entire map consists of a tiny desert/mountain island of about 20 squares. Each of the three "tribes" has one city and a few units, all of the units involved have an attack and defense of 1 or 2, and the only units you can build are settlers. Totally pathetic, especially so because it was made for FW in 1999.
                  Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yeah, Lord of the Flies really really sucks. I just finished reading the book, but the scenario doesn't even have any jungle on the map! Arrgh!
                    "It woulda been nice to have naked midgets serving us cocktails everyday." - Brandon Boyd of Incubus

"...gays who, because they just NEEDED their orgies..." -Mr. A. Speer

Comment

The one of the Triple Alliance War between Argentina Brazil and Paraguay...

It needs a lot of work, but it's a pathetic attempt of a scenario. I think I reviewed it here at Apolyton.

Comment

Lord of the Flies absolutely sucks. I think it takes the cake.

I actually had SOME fun in playing with my horde of flying goats in Magellan.

I still remember Blackclove's comments "The Repo Man of scenarios"

I still have Magellan too, if anybody wants it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                          Are you guys talking about Age of Discovery? It's true, but where can I get a better scenario of the kind?
                          The Ascendance of Europe by Nick Holzapfel is an improved version of the -Age of Discovery- scenario. You can get it off my Website: http://www.geocities.com/jacobite1688/downloads.html

The worst scenario I ever played was the -Long XIXth Century- It was pretty good until I realized that England did not produce any millitary units. I tried to make it work myself and eventualy just gave up on it. Too bad.

It is not a scenario, but -Birdilization- is SOOOOOOOOOO bad that it is really pretty good, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Thanks for the link, jacobite.

Comment

Working...
                            X